Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Ingrown toe nail surgery, HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ingrown toe nail surgery, HELP!
Camilla Rose
Neophyte
Member # 45538

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Camilla Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Im 15 and i've had really bad ingrown toe nails for about 4 years. Over the years i've just lived with it.
But now it has taken over my life!! I walk funny, they always get infected so my feet smell alot, dogs always sniff them which is so embaressing and i live in clomping shoes and ugs.. I can't wear most shoes, which means no high highs!
My mums has had enough of my two big toes bleeding and ruining socks that im finally going to have the minor operation.
Does it hurt? how long do i have to wear those weird sandals? how long 'til i can finally wear normal shoes? [Frown]

--------------------
Camilla*

Posts: 7 | From: Essex | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forspecial
Neophyte
Member # 43526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forspecial     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure this forum is the right place for your question, but I'll share a quick story-

When I was in the 8th grade, me and 32 of my classmates went on an 8 day trip to the Grand Tetons. One girl in my field group had to go and have the surgery, and she was hiking (5 miles) the next day.

Posts: 39 | From: Misourri | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hs123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I haven't been around in awhile, but I know a little about this so I figured I'd comment while I was stopping by...
I've had ingrown toenail surgery 5 times which sounds like a lot but I had each done separately... I had them on each side of my big toes at different times (which would account for the 4) and I had to have it once more- but that's not the usual... I dance, so I pretty much forfeit my right to have the surgery work forever...
But in terms of pain- they numbed my toes with a shot which burns a little, but you don't feel anything after that. It's a little sore afterwards, nothing major- and even the soreness is MUCH more comfortable than the ingrown toes...And you can also soak your feet in warm water with epsom salt which is supposed to keep it from getting infected.

But you will be able to walk right after with a little soreness- personally I think walking with ingrown toenails is far worse...

And from what I hear, if you don't torment your feet (like I do) it's supposed to have pretty long lasting effects... I mean, even though I dance, I haven't had toenail problems like I did before I had the surgery- even when I think I'm getting an ingrown toenail it usually goes away on its own now, which was more than unlikely before...

Anyway, I hope that helps!

Posts: 401 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.