Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Much lighter periods with long term pill use?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Much lighter periods with long term pill use?
dchai
Activist
Member # 44833

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I just want to say this site is AMAZING, with lots of amazing women who are so helpful.

ANYWAY, I've ruled out pregnancy because I'm on the pill and have taken SIX, yes SIX tests and all were negative.

I had a very light period this month. Heavy one one, lighter on 2, and barely bleeding on 3 and 4. I've been on the pill for 6 years and I've been noticing every once in a while my body will do this. Is it something to be concerned with?

Also, I skipped my withdrawal bleed the month before this one for a special occasion, could that have affected it at all?

--------------------
:)

Posts: 91 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love-Life
Activist
Member # 37952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love-Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't sound like it's anything to be worried about. Sometimes women get shorter lighter periods, it just is the natural way of things. Also, skipping your withdrawal bleed last month can definitely affect your withdrawal bleed this month.

If you are at all concerned you really should talk to your doctor, they will be able to give you any and all information you need. And they may give you piece of mind since it sounds like you are very worried judging by your previous posts.

Hope this helps! :-)

--------------------
There is an upside to everything, sometimes you just have to turn it upside down to find it.

:-) Vikki (-:

Posts: 153 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dchai
Activist
Member # 44833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your input [Smile]

--------------------
:)

Posts: 91 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.