Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Withdrawal Bleeds on the Pill -- What to Expect?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Withdrawal Bleeds on the Pill -- What to Expect?
BlackCat
Neophyte
Member # 43279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just started the pill (Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo) a few weeks ago and unfortunately, I get to be out of town the week I'm on my placebos *fail*.

I was wondering what to expect. I know lighter bleeds are more common, but is that reliable enough for me to bring fewer pads?

If I were not on the pill, I'd estimate (based off of eating and exercise habits) my period would have started three days ago, I would have bled somewhat heavily for three days, and then had a lighter flow for a good three or four days after that.

I'm super tempted to double pack, but I really don't know if a) that's healthy and b) it's affordable. Approximately $55 for the GENERIC version of one month of my pill WITH help from the insurance is robbery.

((PS, I seem to be addicted to this place. Thanks for all the help.))

Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd suggest that you don't take two packs back-to-back at this point. It can take the body a few months to get used to the hormones to begin with, and skipping a period can also really throw a body out of whack, so it's probably better not to do that right now.

That said, we can't really tell you what to expect for your first withdrawal bleed. It may be on time or be way late, it may be anything from spotting to a full-on period. So you'll just have to wait and see what happens.

And I'm glad to hear that ST has been so helpful for you. [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wyntermidnite
Activist
Member # 24641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyntermidnite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's completely up in the air your first month, every body will react differently, but probably don't skip your inactive. By the way, generic ortho tri cyclen (tri sprintec) costs me $13 at walmart. Something to look into.
Posts: 70 | From: Fullerton, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.