Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » periods at festivals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: periods at festivals
Clare91
Neophyte
Member # 43392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clare91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so it looks like my period is due for V festival this year
its probably too late to go on the pill to double pack it now

it'll be horrible with portaloos
has anyone dealt with periods @ festivals before?
any tips?!

thank you!

Posts: 2 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you concerned with with this: cramps or managing your flow?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clare91
Neophyte
Member # 43392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clare91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
managing the flow! especially if its the start of my period
seeing as i won't have as much access to toilets..or clean ones at that haha [Smile]
just wondering if anyone had tips or something!

Posts: 2 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for starters I'd bring your own toilet paper supply and some hand wipes. I'd also consider bringing some plastic bags or snack baggies for waste and kitchen roll for bigger clean ups. Not to mention *way* more pads/tampons/whatever you use than you think you'd need; I know I tend to go through more than I think I need when I'm away from home and my stash. Ibuprofen if you tend to get cramps.

It might also help to remember that many women there will also be on their periods... and I find a certain solidarity with even (female) strangers when it comes to menstruation issues and guy friends are understanding if they're close enough to be told. [Smile]

[ 07-21-2009, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I went to the Reading fest two years ago and was due on. I went to the doctor and they can prescribe you a pill that you take just before you're due on and continue to take for the amount of time you're away. You take it three times a day.

Me and a few of my friends were all due on at the same time, and when we got to the campsite found out that we were all taking the same pill thing! So I'd suggest going to your GP.

Posts: 82 | From: at my desk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.