Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » precautions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: precautions
amychaos
Activist
Member # 37929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amychaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I plan to wax my bikini area, my sister is going to do it at home, she is not a trained professional or anything but she has done it before.
Are there any preparations I can go through to ensure no skin gets ripped or anything like that.
thanks.

Posts: 116 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey amychaos, this is really outside of our scope here. We tend to not answer questions about shaving or waxing since those are really a personal preference thing and not sexual health. There are also a number of other websites which do offer information on waxing and shaving techniques, including waxing and shaving product manufacturers' websites, yet very few websites which offer accurate information on sexuality and sexual health to young adults (which is, of course, our goal here). You may want to take a look at our Shaving FAQ, or do a quick google search on at-home waxing tips to see what comes up. Best of luck!

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.