Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Oral Sex..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oral Sex..
kswagga1013
Neophyte
Member # 42807

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kswagga1013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so,
I have been sexually active since I was 13, and I have performed oral sex a few times, i do everything else, but I dont let guys eat me out because I am so self conscious of my vag, im scared it might smell funny, or taste funny, or look funny that close up, It just seems really awkward, I really wanna do it, How can I relax??

--------------------
--kayla;;

Posts: 1 | From: altoona | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnailShells
Activist
Member # 35485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnailShells     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would advise getting used to yourself first; if you haven't seen your own vagina yet, get a compact mirror and look, and don't be afraid to go exploring down there. You also should remember that genitals--and human bodies in general--tend to have a smell, and vagina tends to smell and taste like vagina, just like penis tends to smell and taste like penis and not like cupcakes (it's all part of the experience [Razz] ).

Vagzilla! (Or, All Genitals Great and Small)

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/out_out_damn_smell

Seven Ways to Love Your Body

Pink Parts - Female Sexual Anatomy

--------------------
I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty. --John Waters

Posts: 206 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVivian
Activist
Member # 38998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EVivian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're worried about the taste or smell, just take a shower shortly beforehand and use a dental dam. The latter will also help you reduce your risk of STD transmission as well (which is something you should keep in mind unless you and your partner are monogamous and have both been tested).
Posts: 71 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody's body, including their genitals, produce some smell and it would be pretty difficult for our genitals not to taste of anything, particularly when we are aroused, as they then produce fluids that come from inside our bodies, I agree with EVivian's advice, but would also like to reiterate that there's nothing bad about the way our genitals smell and taste, so long as they are healthy and washed daily (and there's no need to give them a vigorous scrubbing or douche them, indeed douching is completely unnecessary, or anything) there's no need to worry.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might also want to bear in mind that as you already know from giving oral sex yourself, genitals DO have their own smell and taste. Penises really aren't that different from vulvas in this regard, nor are they any more or less likely to "look funny" up close and personal.

Sex isn't a show-and-tell, nor a beauty contest. if we expose our genitals to a sexual partner, it's not about us thinking they're so perfect, it's about trusting a partner to like our whole bodies and selves, and to have the maturity to approach our bodies as real and human, not as showpieces.

If your partners are open to trusting you in that way, it makes sense to consider trusting them in that way, too.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyndy2007
Neophyte
Member # 33635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cyndy2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just let him do it. My b/f does it to me now and I wuz self-conscious at first, but it feels so good. I gave him oral and I enjoyed having it in my mouth, but then he wanted to spray it on my face which grossed me out. Anyway, take a shower, turn off the lights, lay back and think of something pleasant and let him go to work. Make sure he tongues your clit.
Posts: 11 | From: Wisco | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Cyndy?

It actually is not okay here at Scarleteen to tell a user to just do something they don't want to or don't feel ready for. While your experience may have been what it was, that does not mean hers was the same, nor that dictating she do what you do is appropriate.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny1980
Neophyte
Member # 43764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny1980     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kayla,

I wanted to comment here because, even though I'm in my 30's, it took me a LONG time to get used to the tastes and smells of sex. I always thought the same thing as you "I'm going to smell". However, being in a trusting relationship helped a lot. If you eat well, drink water, and wash daily (not douching as mentioned above, just gently wash) you will not smell bad. Really, the only time you will smell "bad" is if you have an infection, and the smell is your body telling you something is wrong. Other than that, you will smell like...well..YOU. We each have a different "smell." It's US, and if we are in a loving relationship your partner will LOVE that part of who you are to him.

I hope that makes sense.

Jenny

--------------------
Web Hosting

Posts: 2 | From: Niagara Falls, NY USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arisan
Neophyte
Member # 43903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arisan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mentioned that you have given oral sex on a few occasions. I assume you enjoyed it, otherwise you probably wouldn't have done it again (and if you don't enjoy it, then you probably shouldn't do it again. Never do something to solely please your partner. Sex has two participants, and they should both be happy). Most guys feel the same way about oral sex that most girls do. They enjoy it, scents and all. You can also bet, that if a guy has tried give you oral sex, or has asked to, then they really want to do it. So have confidence in yourself. Guys are attracted to those parts of us. [Big Grin]

--------------------
My world doesn't revolve around you, but you are my closest neighbor in the solar system.

Posts: 6 | From: South Kingstown, RI | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.