Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » commandooo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: commandooo
hithere
Activist
Member # 37775

Icon 10 posted      Profile for hithere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was wondering if going commando is unhealthy...?
Posts: 164 | From: Somewhere in the US | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penwords
Neophyte
Member # 34602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penwords     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope!

I've actually heard that it can be healthier. It allows more airflow and doesn't trap moisture against your genitals, so you're less prone to yeast infections/BV.

Posts: 24 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hithere
Activist
Member # 37775

Icon 10 posted      Profile for hithere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yay [Smile] haha i enjoy it. does anyone else have thoughts on it?

also sorry about posting in the wrong place-wasn't thinking!

Posts: 164 | From: Somewhere in the US | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's really little more to say about this: there's nothing unhealthy about it.

The only real issue is merely practical: if you're someone who likes to wear pants more than one time, that may not be so doable if you go without underpants since your discharges will then wind up on your pants.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's also not the best idea if you are wearing loose fitting trousers and don't tend to remember belts, or are currently losing weight. When I was a few years younger, I lost a few pounds and my trousers fell right down on the bus (gladly I was wearing underwear at the time). The other thing would be that if you use sanitary towels they may move about more and be less protecting on loose fitting pants on heavy period days.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other thing would be that going commando and wearing a mini-skirt do not mix (I'm not saying that nudity is immoral, in fact I'm somewhat nudist inclined myself, I'm just saying that laws about public indecency are not on your side, and also that having seen the kind of crud that's on buses, school furniture, floors and other sit-on-able surfaces that aren't in an environment where you have control, the idea of putting my genitals anywhere near them without a protective layer is terrifying).

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bragorien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going Comando is fun, but I wouldn't do it if I was in public -- too much risk of embarrassment.
Speaking of like, air flow to the genitals. Instead of going commando I have nicked (clean) pairs of my bfs boxers when around his house. PLease don't think I'm odd, they're just rel comfortable. But he laughs at me cause I'm so short, they are like shorts on me. [Razz]
Going Commando + MINISKIRT? Whoah Nelly. I'd never be able to do that. I can't even wear overly skimpy underwear with skirts. I'm for safety, and miniskirts mean granny panties for me. [Smile] Ihave too many annoying/odd friends who find it amusing to kick up your skirt from behind *cringe*

--------------------
"I made a resolution: Dance, like nobody's watching. Which I do... with the curtains closed - in case anybody's watching!"

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Bragorien, I wear boy marketed boxers too, have done since childhood because girl marketed pants chafe and because when I was that age I could wear frilly pink "girls" pants or "boys" boxers which had pictures of Bart Simpson on. I've never actually gone commando wearing a miniskirt BTW, I'm just advising against it for the above reasons.

--------------------

Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bragorien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh I didn't think you had! [Big Grin] I was just seconding the "Oh my, no!" .. thing. [Big Grin]
And yay! I am so going to pleads for boxers. Why is it so much easier to laze about in guy underwear? In girls underwear you feel underdressed, but not in boxers [Big Grin] So woop, I wil no be revising proudly boxer-ed. [Razz]

But not comando... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I made a resolution: Dance, like nobody's watching. Which I do... with the curtains closed - in case anybody's watching!"

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.