Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Does this bother anyone else....?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does this bother anyone else....?
lolathefish
Activist
Member # 33683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lolathefish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it when girls call thier boobs "tits" . I dont care what else they call them, but that bugs me so much i dont know why i guess i think its just direstpectful. When guys call them that i just roll my eyes and think its so stupid but girls, its jiust like no.... Just wondering if anyone else feels the same

--------------------
Life is to short to be spent waiting for someone to come along. Just keep living and making every day worth it and the person your waiting for will come along anyway.

Posts: 40 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Well...I have a similar dislike about different words. I hate it when women call themselves "chicks". I feel like we just demean ourselves by using words like that, suggesting we are so innocent/gentle/vulnerable/ not to be taken seriously...

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the word "tits" either, I think most slang words for breasts come off as a little derogatory, unfortunately, and while I've tended to hear the word "chicks" used so sneeringly and maliciously that I've never really associated it with the notion that women are childlike and vulnerable, I do know that it means that.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penwords
Neophyte
Member # 34602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penwords     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like the word "tits" when breasts are being refered to in a sexual context because, yeah, it's such a brief, harsh, dismissive word. It seems like they should be getting more credit than that in that sort of situation.

But around the dorm this year, my roomates and I got used to using the word "tits" when refering to our breasts as body parts, that is, when they were in the same category as something like elbows such as in phrases like "Ow, that nerf bullet got me right in the tits!" or "You can lay on the couch too, but I can't see because your tits are in the way."

Posts: 24 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.