Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » To those who bind: Sports bra advice, please?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To those who bind: Sports bra advice, please?
jUNIE
Neophyte
Member # 42268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jUNIE         Edit/Delete Post 
Although I feel I have moderately-sized breasts and I usually wear only a 34B or (rarely) 34C bra size, I'm having real trouble finding a sports bra that actually holds my 'girls' firmly in place and prevents bouncing. I was wondering if anyone who binds could recommend a type of sports bra or even a specific brand and/or style they've tried which offers lots of support and inhibits movement, without having to use anything other than the bra itself. I've tried doubling up (wearing two sports bras at once), but I find it to be horribly uncomfortable. Even when I get the smallest size, my breasts bounce like crazy, and it's driving me mad. I can't really afford anything over $50.

(Also, sorry if this topic in the wrong forum, but I felt as though it fit in with both gender and body issues, so I had to just pick one).

Thanks!

Posts: 2 | From: Travelling | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't bind (don't have a need to) but there is a great little store from the west coast called Title9 that makes clothing for active women. They make some GREAT sports bras for bustier women; the "flattening" abilities are measured in "barbells", so a bra that really holds you down would measure 3-5 barbells.

They make a bra called "The Last Resort" which, while it ain't pretty, will do the job and do it well. You might also look at some of the their lower strength ones.

Either way, I love their sports bras, and while I don't and have never worn "The Last Resort", I've heard wonderful feedback about it.

Here's the link to the page with the bra I am talking about:

http://www.titlenine.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=676

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vixenchic42
Neophyte
Member # 5972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vixenchic42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I belly dance professionally, so I wear ALOT of sports bras to practice in. Being a 34D has made it hard to find good sports bras, and my favorites actually come from Target. I've tried all the expensive ones, but really, the 20 dollar bras from target are great!. They seem to give me enough support that I can bounce around and all that without fear, but they still look OK. If you want ones that really look good, you might try Bali Total Fitness. I've only tried some of their thinner ones, but I'm told that they have some really nice supportive ones. If you can't find any, you could always order one. Lrosedesigns.com makes a sports bra (15-17$) and the lady who runs it is REALLY great to work with. She'll customize everything for you, and I'm sure she'd work with you to make it really supportive.

Good luck!

Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
splishysplash
Activist
Member # 32875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for splishysplash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i play tennis every day for hours, and i train hard. i've found that online you can get nike sports bras that are called the "core" ones a lot cheaper if you search. good luck (:
Posts: 55 | From: miami | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.