Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » i'm beginning to worry that i might be unfortunately conspicuous

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i'm beginning to worry that i might be unfortunately conspicuous
lyvlyvlyv
Neophyte
Member # 41996

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lyvlyvlyv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whenever my boyfriend and i play, my smell becomes very obvious. i can't help but worry that it lingers. probably a lot. how long do you think my olfactory evidence hangs around? any ideas for making it a little less apparent? i'm (thanks to scarleteen) quite sure i'm normal enough and healthy enough, but i can't help but wish i didn't... permeate... quite so effectively. any advice for suppressing or covering it up a little more?

thanks!

Posts: 12 | From: kansas city | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, unless your partner has made objections, chances are YOU are more aware of this than anyone else. That tends to be the case with a lot of things, especially those we are uncomfortable about.

As for it "lingering", it's just basic physical laws: the odor is strongest at its source, and, depending on the concentration, will diffuse into the surrounding environment, with the rate depending on the ability of the molecules to move. With something like vaginal odor, unless you're rubbing fish on your genitals, any smell will not stick around [Smile] .

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyvlyvlyv
Neophyte
Member # 41996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyvlyvlyv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's not objecting so much as some lighthearted teasing. but i do worry that i... mark my territory, so to speak.

thanks for the reassurance, anyhow.

Posts: 12 | From: kansas city | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wyntermidnite
Activist
Member # 24641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyntermidnite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not that big of a deal you can either try and air the area out with an open window or fan or cover it by lighting some intense during (sexy and useful) or something else like perfume or room spray. Maybe you could try fabreeze, though I've never tried it.
Posts: 70 | From: Fullerton, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.