Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » hickies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hickies
dolphins18
Neophyte
Member # 29634

Icon 8 posted      Profile for dolphins18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If my boyfriend is sucking on my neck but don't suck hard. why does my hickie bleed? [Frown] im confused [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
*$robbysgirl$*

Posts: 7 | From: fairborn oh | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(I have just deleted the other two identical posts on this: please remember that when you registered, you agreed not to post multiple, identical topics. You just gotta be patient, okay?)

If you're bleeding from the neck, that's because skin is being broken or punctured, so someone IS sucking hard or biting.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dolphins18
Neophyte
Member # 29634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dolphins18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im sorry i forgot about that.but he doesnt bite and doesn't suck hard...just barely makes any marks and i bleed.could my skinbe very soft?

--------------------
*$robbysgirl$*

Posts: 7 | From: fairborn oh | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The softness of skin doesn't effect anything. It just may not be feeling "that hard" to you, but it pretty clearly is, if you have blood coming down your neck.

Easy solution: your boyfriend is more gentle.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dolphins18
Neophyte
Member # 29634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dolphins18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thank you for your advice it really helps ummm!sorry about reposting i was just scared somthin mite be wrong but i canassure you he is so gentle with me but maybe your rite i may jus not be able to tell!!!!!THANK YOU ♥
*$robbysgirl$*

--------------------
*$robbysgirl$*

arun
Neophyte
Member # 29999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edited

[ 07-25-2006, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

Posts: 7 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virginia36861
Neophyte
Member # 30139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for virginia36861     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say that someone here is "asking" something I really believe they already have the answers to.. First of all, we all know that "Hickies" come from the blood rising to the surface of the skin when "sucked" on hard enough. For some people they can not get these so easy and for others, just the slightest touch Or in this case " slightest suck ", there may be a mark left very quickly. I would advise if you know this is happening, do NOT allow someone to even attempt tp mark your neck. These marks only allow you to advertise what you have been doing the night before and it really does look Tacky to say the least.. We all know how to prevent this.. Either get him/her to put these marks in "private" places, or in general do not allow them at all, expessially when you know the slightest touch can leave this behind...Use some common sense for crying out loud....Sorry to sound so Bluntly here, but if you already know the answers, why post them? right?

--------------------
Virginia

Posts: 37 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
virginia36861,

The general tone of your post came off as very judgemental and accusatory.

First off, this is a site for teenagers. It is assuming and unfair of you to suggest that everybody knows the answer to a certain question, especially considering the state of the sex education some young adults recieve.

Secondly, many of your posts impose what YOU view as morally acceptable. Please bear in mind that this site serves a great diversity of users from all sorts of different backgrounds. This user did not inquire about the morality of their behavior, nor the way to mask the marks.

Please keep this in mind for the continued civility of this community.

[ 08-05-2006, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virginia36861
Neophyte
Member # 30139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for virginia36861     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, Ms. Lauren, you are so very correct as to what you stated about the state in which people receive sex education courses. I will assume that I was a little Forward with my reply, but with the question about why one would "bleed" with a hickie was something I am sure every memeber would know why this would happen. I would like to say I am sorry for seeming "judgemental or even forward" with my replys. I do understand this is a site for Teens and If I should remain a member, I will from now on reply as so. I would like to add that where you would answer one thing, it may not be the same with another member.People come in here with questions and looking for answers to these questions; Where you may want to answer one way, someone else might see it another way. Does that always make another person wrong or in this case seem "judgemental"? If so, why bother? I have been coming on here every night for several nights and really do enjoy this site, but to say the least, it doesnt seem fair to give a reply and get "in trouble" every time you answer a post. I have some questions myself and would like to post them, but why would I want to post them if I did not want to hear someone answer them with truthfullness behind it? No matter if it is from a teen or an adult, sometimes there is only one answer to give. Again, I will say I am sorry to all those I offended with my reply, but all I really said was "use common sense about the hickies", and I explained fully what hickies were and why they would do that. I just thought I was honestly giving the answer to the question. Does everyone have the right to answer these posts or not? and if so, why now answer them with the truth as long as the site stays decent, clean and not "attacking" anyone? Everyone can be wrong sometimes with an answer, but with this certain question, there was only one way to answer this.. I have noticed that there are a few people that enjoy sending "posts" as this one when someone else gives a truthful answer. It was decent and a truthful answer and I did not mean to hurt anyones feelings by doing that..

--------------------
Virginia

Posts: 37 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
These marks only allow you to advertise what you have been doing the night before and it really does look Tacky to say the least.. We all know how to prevent this.. Either get him/her to put these marks in "private" places, or in general do not allow them at all, expessially when you know the slightest touch can leave this behind...Use some common sense for crying out loud....Sorry to sound so Bluntly here, but if you already know the answers, why post them? right?
This section of your post, in particular, came across as judgmental. It's entirely possible to answer a question without passing such judgment on the original poster. You've already been warned, but I'll say it again: judging other users is not acceptable here. Please watch the tone of your posts in the future.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
death
Neophyte
Member # 31702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for death     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the skin wasnt broken and it just depends on how sensitive she is to hickies on wether it bleeds or not.
Posts: 1 | From: Tacoma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.