Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » charlie horses

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: charlie horses
Smiley64
Activist
Member # 34285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smiley64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know you cant diagnose over the internet, but nothing really looks wierd.. but i am constantly getting charlie horses in my feet and they bend wierd ways and hurt very badly.. i never used to get them, but now i get them several times a day.. is there anything anyone knows of that could be causing this?or is it just...random.. out of the blue, no reason? -smiley
Posts: 169 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like it'd be worth seeing a doctor about. Cramping in your feet can be caused by several things, and a couple of them are serious...

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My feet cramp, too, and it isn't the end of my world. The fashion industry is unkind to women in a myriad of ways, but the shoes they sells us are some of the worst. If you can dare to and bear to do it, just get some orthopedic shoes and sandals. High heels and shoes with lousy arch support put enormous strains on your feet. This can result in cramping, leg pain and lower back pain.

Athletic shoes are your friend. I'd wear them more, but my boss won't let me.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also soaking your feet in warm water with a little bit of epsom salt may help - especially when you know you've been walking a lot that day. A nurse told me a few years back that almonds are good for that as well. There's something in the almond oil that when digested is supposed to loosen muscles.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3415 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hs123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, an orthopedist told me that having a healthy amount of Calcium and Potassium can help decrease the frequency of muscle cramps. So a multi-vitamin probably wouldnt be a bad idea either.
Posts: 401 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pixeldot
Activist
Member # 16061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pixeldot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get something similar to what you described. Its not so much just a foot pain as it is like... your foot muscles spaz and clamp up funny, right? On mine, it cramps up between the first and second little toe on my feet, those two toes become locked together because of it and bending them hurts. It takes some work, but I can usually massage it out without too much pain.

For me it happens on both feet and has been happening as long as I can remember, which is why I'm not concerned. If it just started for you, it might be worth checking out, but he'll probably just advise you to get new shoes.

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.