Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Fat reduction and a better diet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fat reduction and a better diet
x-linked
Neophyte
Member # 37676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for x-linked     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently trying to lose fat in certain areas of my body. I'm of a healthy weight but the places in which my body collects fat bothers me. I'm aware that there is no such thing as spot reduction but I was wondering if anyone knew a method that helps you to target certain areas of your body. Also, although my diet isn't unhealthy (I don't enjoy many junk foods.) I would still like to find a way to get more protein and vitamins in my diet. I'm a very picky eater and avoid a lot of foods that do contain nutrients. I would appreciate any advice on either matter. Thank you so much for helping me.
Posts: 10 | From: idk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Weight Loss Queries -- Please Read
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LollySocks
Activist
Member # 31077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LollySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go vegan! It's the single, most important thing you can do to become healthy. If you do it right, you'll lose weight like THAT *snaps fingers*

--------------------
break down, rebuild, repeat.

Posts: 64 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Veganism doesn't work for everyone. It's always a good idea to check in with your doctor before starting an extreme diet like veganism, as there are many nutrients that are easy to miss if you aren't extra careful to include them. And it's easy to be healthy on a non-vegan diet, as well.

Also, just because one person found it easy to lose weight on a certain diet/lifestyle, doesn't mean it will work the same for everyone. Thats another reason we suggest conferrign with a doctor first, to make sure it's safe for the person in general.

And Lolly, these threads are a few months old. The OP is most likely not looking for any more advice.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.