Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » strange lump/bump

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: strange lump/bump
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran a search but didn't quite find anything similar to what I'm experiencing. I know the best thing would be to head to the doctor, and I will, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas/suggestions first.

I have a strange bruise-like lump where my stomach and vulva/mons area meets, kind of in the crease. It has been there for a few weeks and doesn't really hurt unless I apply pressure to it. I'm fairly certain it is a result of friction from my clothes but it is pretty big spot, about the size of a quarter. I don't shave down there so I don't think it is an ingrown hair. I've tried applying an antibiotic ointment but I don't think it is helping. It is hard to keep that area dry throughout the day so I'm wondering if that is prolonging the healing process. I don't really know what else to do about it, though.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I had something similar many years ago where my thigh connects but I don't remember how long it took to heal/what I did to treat it.

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice?

Thanks!

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, we can't really diagnose bumps and such over the internet- even if we could see it, there are a LOT of things that could cause a bruisey-looking bump, and it'd be best for you to pay your doctor a visit to get it checked out.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.