Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » UTI symptoms plus blood in urine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UTI symptoms plus blood in urine
SmileShannonSmile
Neophyte
Member # 32084

Icon 8 posted      Profile for SmileShannonSmile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well once again (second time) I suspect I may have a urinary tract infection uggh! But this time there is blood, I'm pretty sure the blood is coming from my uretha, so I called a nurse and pretty much she tells me to call my DR. and get a prescription for antibiotics and of course I called my doc but she's a lazy bum and will never call back. I think she just dosen't do phone calls!! Anyhoo...I can't get intouch with the doc and I have an appt with her for my physical next week on wednesday...I shouldn't wait to see her though, should I?? I may be able to get an appt at a local clinic, but it's not likely to happen before monday.

So my questions are can I wait until I see my doctor, maybe drink some cranberry juice, take some OTC treatment (I know they won't cure it) in the meantime.

What could the blood be about? The nurse didn't sound to concerned about it. If it were a kidney infection I would have back pain right?

Posts: 6 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is really not a good idea to leave those for very long at all, because the infection does tend to spread and once it does that it can set you back for a long time, and is not very nice at all.

If you could get into a local clinic and get some antibiotics before monday, that would be ideal. If there is blood there, then it is not something to put off at all, you will really need antibiotics soon. Untill you can get in (and hopefully that is soon) drinking lots of water and cranberry juice, is a good idea, and keep an eye on the blood in case it gets worse, these things tend to spread reasonably fast.

[ 01-03-2007, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: nixieGurl ]

Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atticus Girl
Activist
Member # 13561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atticus Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About a month ago I had a UTI, and had a little bit of blood in my pee-pee as well.

Try to get this fixed as soon as possible...because UTI's seriously suck. Your local grocery store will most likely have AZO tablets, which are temporary pills you can take for about a week or two that will help alleviate the pain (but will turn your urine orange).

And of course, as mentioned above, hydrate well with cranberry juice and water. I've noticed that some people will try to avoid urinating because of the pain that they'll purposely not drink, which will only make it worse.

Posts: 105 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fille_francaise
Activist
Member # 20075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fille_francaise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, just got over a UTI/bladder infection. It was agonizing. ;/

I second everything everyone is saying. If you suspect you have a UTI, get on anti-biotics immediately. Do not be like me & try to heal it yourself with herbal supplements, or what not. You'll just be in miserable pain. I drank A LOT of water; like, 2 liters a day sometimes [I drank out of a water bottle that's half a liter], which is a lot, but peeing every 30 minutes helped release the bacteria. Cranberry juice was a nice escape from the water, as well. :] & like Atticus Girl said, when you feel you need to pee, pee by all means.

When you feel like it's getting better, like there isn't much burning when you pee, or any blood when you pee, continue with the routine of drinking water.

--------------------
"...Our memories depend on a faulty camera in our minds."

-- death cab for cutie.

Posts: 138 | From: Southern California, USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.