Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Diva Cup Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diva Cup Question
Alatariel
Activist
Member # 27408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alatariel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a Diva Cup (after spending much time convincing my mother that it WASN'T the grossest thing ever) and have practiced inserting it and have a question. I've read all this talk about trimming the stem on the Keeper, but know that the Diva Cup has a shorter stem. I'm still being poked though. Is it ok to trim? It says so on the package, but has anyone trimmed and had issues?
Posts: 128 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There shouldn't be a problem trimming the stem. As one of our volunteers said, think of the stem as training wheels. Once you're used to inserting and removing it, the usefulness of the stem lessens and it's better to trim it to reduce irritation. [Smile]

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thathollygirl
Activist
Member # 29912

Icon 3 posted      Profile for thathollygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After wandering around for a few days with the stem stabbing my poor vag half to death, I cut the entire stem off my mooncup. No problems with it since.

Mind you, just trim a little at a time, since depending on where the cup sits with you, you might need at least a little stem to be able to easily pull it out.

Posts: 70 | From: place | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, if you ever use a diaphragm -- which getting out bacially involves vaginal splelunking -- you'll feel insanely comfy using the Keeper or Divacup sans stem.

Even without any stem at all? Easy-peasy to get out by comparison.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alatariel
Activist
Member # 27408

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Alatariel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all so much! I was so excited to use this thing, and when it kept stabbing me in uncomfortable places, I was getting a little discouraged. Ths definitely helps. [Smile]
Posts: 128 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you might need at least a little stem to be able to easily pull it out.

Actually, it's easiest to pull out if you don't pull on the stem itself at all, but pinch the base of the cup and pull on that.

The stem's really just there to help you learn to find the base of the cup. So once you're cool with that, you can cut the stem off completely.

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.