Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » my nose ring, again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my nose ring, again
jessinator55
Activist
Member # 19702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessinator55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. I know I already had a nose ring forum, but it's acting weird again. I fixed the prior problem (an infected zit, or so I thought). I went to the piercer and he put in a new nose screw in for me and such, but it seems I am developing another blood blister-ish thing right by the piercing. It just looks like a bruise now, but if looked at closer, it's a purple little bump. I applied neosporin the last time this happened, and that got rid of it, but I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else and how I should stop it from recurring!
Posts: 59 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could very well be a keloid forming or your body may simply be rejecting the piercing. It happens. Go back to your piercer and discuss it with him/her, as they are the best source for info on this. I had a friend who had one develop over and over by her nose and it turned out that it was just getting rejected. She HAD to take it out, because the bump was not responding to any treatment. She tried for a while to use some very expensive scar-type cream, but it didn't work. I know it can be disappointing to have to take it out, but it's better than seriously annoying your body by keeping it in.

[ 07-23-2006, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: faifai ]

--------------------
disconnect and let me drift/until my upside down is right side *in*

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghostie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bumps on any piercing can last for months and months. With nose piercings and cartilige especially.
Nose piercings very rarely reject because of their position.
A longer nose screw made from titanium will help, but often bumps just go away on their own.
Poking at it, changing jewellery before it's healed or too often, over cleaning and general irritation are the most common cause.
I have had bumps on piercings that have lasted for absolutely ages, and I just left them to get on with themselves.
Camomile tea bags soaked in hot salt solution makes a nice compress to soothe it so it doesnt look as large or as red.
Talking to your piercer would be the best idea if youre worried, but I'm sure searching around the internet on nose piercings and bumps will help you get lots of information.
Hang in there and it will be worth it I bet [Smile]

Posts: 165 | From: England. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessinator55
Activist
Member # 19702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessinator55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha yes it is worth it; thanks!
Posts: 59 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CeeD
Neophyte
Member # 30254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when I first got my nose pierced, I had a little bump under it for a couple months, and it came and went. it went away though
Posts: 26 | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DydduKenm
Neophyte
Member # 30279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DydduKenm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
please dont put neosporin on it. it works so fast if heals in the infection. my dad is a professional piercer and i can ask him what he thinks.
Posts: 22 | From: Athens, TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neosporin does not 'heal in the infection' ... We use neosporin a lot in the hospital, for patients with various infections.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CeeD
Neophyte
Member # 30254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had that as well for the first couple months. dont worry, it will go away. try not to play with the peircing, which I have a bad habit of doing, it tends to make things a bit worse.
Posts: 26 | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juniata
Activist
Member # 24611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juniata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I had an infected nose piercing as well. I ended up taking antibiotics to clear it up, and I haven't had any trouble since. Just so you know: multiple sites online as well as a piercing book I've read say not to put neosporin on the piercing. I'm not sure exactly why, but that's probably something you should look into before continuing. Good luck!

--------------------
I LOVE SCARLETEEN. This site is better than sliced bread!

Posts: 83 | From: Northeast | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.