Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » DivaCup issues (grrrrrr)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DivaCup issues (grrrrrr)
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I've had a DivaCup for over a year now, and the first few months it was fantastic. I actually bought one because I was hoping that it wouldn't leak like every single other thing I've tried has. Well, it worked fantastically for the first couple of months, and then....not so much. I gave up on it because it was just not worth the hassle, and went back to tampons and pads. My last period, I decided to give it another shot, and it worked wonderfully during the day (no leaking whatsoever) but at night? It leaked all over the place. I don't get it! I even called the people at DivaCup, and they were decidedly unhelpful, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of why it would leak only at night. I love it during the day, and it would be so nice not to have to use anything else, so....help?

(Not sure if this is the right place for this, if it's not please go ahead and move it.)

[This message has been edited by karybu (edited 01-22-2006).]

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
giggalz41
Neophyte
Member # 27376

Icon 10 posted      Profile for giggalz41     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey there...I dont have a divacup..I'm actually looking for information. Trying to figure out if I should buy one or not. I bought INSTEAD friday..and have been using them since last night...and so far I've had huge problems..I'm not sure if its me and insertion or what..I've emailed them and awaiting for their reply. Have you used them??? Let me know please thanks heaps!!
Posts: 2 | From: Viola, DE, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've read about the Instead cup, it just isn't designed as well in terms of how it fits with female anatomy. It sits up around your cervix, instead of down nearer the entrance of the vagina, and somehow this just doesn't work so well for a lot of women.

Honestly, if you're looking to use menstrual cups, I'd just buy a DivaCup and try it out. It's got a one-year guarantee, so if you're not happy with it, you can just send it back. (I gotta say, I really like mine, in spite of the nighttime leakage issues.) There are also other internal methods available, like organic cotton tampons and sea sponges, that you may want to look into.

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
giggalz41
Neophyte
Member # 27376

Icon 10 posted      Profile for giggalz41     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i did infact buy one...okay well two...i bought one from the site..and it told me two weeks...so i went on to ebay...and got a cheaper one that will be in within 2 or 3 days...so i'll just send the other one back....i was on drugstore.com and read the reviews for instead..they praised it..there were a few that were not and talked about the divacup..which is where i got it from...i cant wait to try it..looking forward to it..

Posts: 2 | From: Viola, DE, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Karybu: at night, I just often pair my cup with a pair of Lunapanties: http://www.lunapads.com/products/lunapanties/

Works out awesomely for me, and is easy as pie. (And if you leave a note for Madeline in your order that you're a Scarleteen user, she'll probably give you a little discount or throw something nice in there for you.)

(Often, I just wear the lunapanties by themselves at night, anyway).

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

I actually went ahead and ordered a few nighttime Lunapads. I've given up on wearing my DivaCup at night, because it doesn't just leak a little bit, it doesn't catch any blood AT ALL. I might as well not be wearing anything. I think it has something to do with the fact that I sleep on my back, and something about that position makes it slip out of place. But whatever, I'm looking forward to trying out the Lunapads - they're so soft and flannely!
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
VERY flannely.

I still heart my Lunapads, but I am addicted to those Lunapanties: they're just such a no-brainer, and I love that even with the styles where you insert an extra liner, nothing ever slips around.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Karybu, Since you say this happens at night, I'm wondering if it just isn't a heavier flow mixed with the way that you're positioned. At night i do like Miz S. and wear a lunapad, because my flow is just too heavy. The first day and half, if I'm not using hormonal birth control, I always fill the cup up.
But yay for trying out the lunapads! I've got a few in a nice rainbow pattern and I love 'em!

------------------
Consciously Naive

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.