Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Shaving

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shaving
Honest1
Neophyte
Member # 5338

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Honest1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, what do you all think about men shaving "down there"? My friend swears by it... and hence as i'm single i tried it!

I now know how women who do the same feel ! How the hell do you stop the ingrown hairs and the itchyness when it starts to grow back? I'm never EVER going to do it again?

Oh and top of that, i've been single for ages, and now that i've tried it, a girl comes on the scene... how the hell am i gonna explain this lol. how long does it take to grow back lol because it seems to be taking ages

Posts: 15 | From: London,England | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per the shaving, don't dig out the hairs. Exfoliate and moisturize the area, and they'll work themselves out. Shaving is a choice you make, and it should be for yourself only.

As to the lady, tell her the truth. You were expirimenting, that failed, and now you've got to wait for it to grow.

Hair grows at varying rates in different people, so it could take weeks or months, depening on your desired length.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honest1
Neophyte
Member # 5338

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Honest1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cool thanks, i'll try the exfoliating thing.

Cant wait to tell her that lol... gonna be embaressing, but i suppose it's alot better then avoiding her, she'll just get the wrong idea.

Thanks again.

By the way do any men here do the same? and what do women think on the subject? i'd hold a poll but not sure how to

------------------
Just cos i'm male dont mean i aint got feelings

Posts: 15 | From: London,England | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 10 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have MANY MANY shaving threads, so I am going to invite you to peak around the site and find them, instead of starting another one here.

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honest1
Neophyte
Member # 5338

err i do did a search, and only found female shaving threads, and a couple of male ones, just no opinion posts.
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
from the SHAVING FAQ
[quote]Q: If women shave their pubic hair, should men do it, too?
A: Only if you really want to. Some people prefer their partners shave. Others don't. So if you really need to get your partner's input on this, then ask. But ultimately, it's your hair. You can shave, trim, or style it if you want. Pubic grooming says nothing about your sexual orientation, it's just a personal preference.[quote]

honest1, that is THE answer to the man shaving question. the reason that you don't find threads for opinions on pube shaving is that whenever we permit threads like that, they get stupid and abusive really quickly. we don't need that sort of crap to deal with. really. all the threads go straight to hell and they wind up getting closed or deleted for flaming.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honest1
Neophyte
Member # 5338

ahh k... so u dont have opinion threads at all then...
cool well worth a try anyways... was just interested what people thought of it

thanks anyways, didnt mean to cause a fuss

------------------
Just cos i'm male dont mean i aint got feelings

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.