Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » A "little" chunky.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A "little" chunky.
completelyinlove
Neophyte
Member # 26892

Icon 5 posted      Profile for completelyinlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. This is a very hard thing for me to tell because I do not like talking about my weight. Not really my weight, but the excess(sp) body fat that I have.

When I was younger, I was so scrawny and I would "bird eat" as my mom called it because I would hardly eat. When I turned 12 I started eating more and more. I weighed about 95-100 lbs. I am not ashamed of my weight, I now weigh 115-125 lbs. (My weight flucuates). I really like my weight, but I have an unormal amount (in my eyes) of body fat on my belly and my inner thighs. Now I do have a butt, not wide but it pooches out and I like my butt. I just wish that my stomach and inner thighs weren't so... chunky. Even my face is full and round and it's real shape is more heart of oval. NOT round. Please give me any tips on how to lose this body fat and eat more healthier. I tend to overeat alot. I think I'm an emotional eater, but I'm not sure. Or maybe I just eat b/c I'm bored. I do not excercise very much just b/c I can't really stick to nething... just please give me some help.

Posts: 9 | From: Jackson, Missouri, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of people have a problem with the way they PERCEIVE their bodies. But that doesn't mean there's anythng wrong with them. You clearly have perception issue because you're not overweight by any measure. Tone some muscles if you must by getting more exercise. but don't diet, otherwise you will mess up your metabolism and your body will start storing fat in some strange ways.

btw, small birds can eat up to twice their weight in food every day. that idiom has always seemed odd to me

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
completelyinlove
Neophyte
Member # 26892

Icon 7 posted      Profile for completelyinlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gumdrop...... but now I need to know if anyone has any good excerise tips or tips on how to tone those specific areas. Thanks for your time.
Posts: 9 | From: Jackson, Missouri, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno about you, but I have a gym membership. I do a variety of crunches and situps for my abs with a little bit of yoga. As for my thighs, I use the following weight machines:
1. Seated leg extension
2. Leg curl
3. Hip abductor
4. Hip adductor

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pilates is also fantastic for your core (abs and back muscles)....a lot of gyms offer classes, as do many dance studios (dancers are big fans) and it's usually possible to schedule a private lesson with an instructor.
Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.