Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Toner Ink into my wound (accidental)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toner Ink into my wound (accidental)
justaguy54
Neophyte
Member # 25305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justaguy54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am tad bit paranoid if toner ink is poisonous or not, yet I know it is.

The story goes, as I was printing one peice of paper, the printer jammed. So I tried to taking out the paper inside the printer, however, a piece of skin snagged from one of my finger in a hidge somewhere in the printer. Which I have now a very itty bitty wound, but I notice that there is ink mixed into the wound as well.

What I did after was I rinsed my finger with soap and put on polysporine (anti-infections cream).

What should I do? Should I go to the doctor for this? It's very small, about 1mm LxW.

Is this a concern, may I know the symptoms of toner poisoning.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by justaguy54 (edited 01-03-2006).]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say just put a band aid on it and leave it for a while. If it looks infected or if you feel ill after a day or two then maybe head down to the doctor and get yourself checked out.

Toner ink may be poisonous, but more than likely, that's when it's drank. I doubt that a little bit in a cut would do much damage, otherwise there'd be carnage in offices all over the world

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a little bit of toner won't kill you. Its not really dangerous (I wouldn't snort the stuff though).

HOWEVER, if you didn't wash most of it out of your wound, then chances are, you may have accidentally tattooed yourself. Yes, it happens.

When I was about 14, I stepped on a staple on the carpet and punctured my heel. I cleaned up the wound, slathered some Betadine on a bandage and stuck it on my foot. The iodine sunk into the wound and it grew over, leaving a brown dot on my heel. It's still there.

So if the ink gets under the skin and it heals up, you make have a mark stuck in there.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.