Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Growing..help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Growing..help?
Ralfie_face
Neophyte
Member # 26568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ralfie_face     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, my name's Ralf and I don't feel very comfortable with my height. I'm 19 years old. I'm 5'10" and I weigh 164lbs. I stopped growing 5 years ago! I have not grown even a tiny bit of an inch. Am I done!?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emmajen
Activist
Member # 19913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emmajen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ralf,
Why aren't you comfortable with your height? 5'10" is a pretty "normal" and average height.
It's possible you've finished growing because everyone does grow at slightly different times but boys can continue to grow into their early 20s so you might not be done.
If this is a big concern, you could always talk to your doctor about it.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well if it helps, you're not short.

look around at your family. how tall are they? ask your family when they stopped growing. this should give you a decent estimate of how you're gonna wind up.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jin Kazama
Neophyte
Member # 26563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jin Kazama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5'10" is actually the average male height.

Also, it may have just seemed like you haven't grown at all for five years, while in fact you might have. This is exactly how I felt. I'm not saying this is definitely the case though.

But yes, as others have said, males can still grow in height up until their very early twenties.

I'd like to be taller too, but at least you're not classed as short.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jin Kazama,
quote:
but at least you're not classed as short.
there is nothing wrong with being short.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jin Kazama
Neophyte
Member # 26563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jin Kazama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course there isn't anything wrong with that, I didn't mean it in that way.

Just the topic creator gave me the impression that he is unhappy with his height and desires to be taller.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.