Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bump on Neck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bump on Neck
insomniac242424
Activist
Member # 21965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insomniac242424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a few months now I've had a bump on my neck. It's about the size of a fingertip, and hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller. It's about an inch below my ear... It's not bothering me medically as far as I know. (Although I am aware it could be something I won't notice) Before I go to the doctor I'd like to know if this sounds familiar to anyone, and if it's something I should worry about. I am also aware no one can diagnose me over a message board.

[This message has been edited by insomniac242424 (edited 10-10-2005).]

Posts: 52 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
It could be a cyst caused by an infection. At the moment, it is probably minor but I would reccomend a visit to your physician to check it out. Infection can spread.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.