Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » pimples

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pimples
andrew85
Neophyte
Member # 21159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andrew85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 19 and all of a sudden ive got all these pimples on my back, its yuk... i was just wondering is this because ive been sweating alot? (im in australia) I have a shower b4 i go to bed. im also on my 4th week of taking doryx (anti pimple tablets) could it be a side effect? or just from sweat?

how do i get it back to normal?

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey andrew,

hormones are crazy things. sometimes they behave and sometimes they don't. i didn't have any major problems with acne when i was in high school. now i'm almost 24 and having some serious break outsm especially on my shoulders and back. so there you go.

if you have been sweating a lot lately, it could contribute to breakouts. it's really important to shower and change into clean clothes after working out so that the sweat doesn't stay on the body. also, make sure that when you do wash, don't scrub the broken out area too harshly because this could just further irritate the skin.

you said you are from australia so i'm not sure how the weather is down there this time of year but it's probably warm, right? i have noticed that i tend to break out when it is really cold and my skin gets dry. sometimes it overproduces oils to compensate for the dryness and voila! breakouts.

i would use a body wash formulated to treat and prevent acne. some good ones are Neutregena Clear Skin body wash and Phisoderm makes a good one as well. Don't over treat with products containing salycylic acid (most OTC acne gels, etc) because the medicine you are taking is probably already drying the area out.Also, it wouldn't hurt to call your dermatologist and explain to them what is going on and ask if it is a possible side effect from getting used to taking the medicine.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
check out
Body Acne http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum24/HTML/000142.html

exfoliate, wear cotton undershirts to take up the moisture, and try to find a good skincleanser. that should cut back on your body acne.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.