Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » couple of things...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: couple of things...
Punkrockgirl31
Neophyte
Member # 5480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punkrockgirl31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok hi. A couple things I need help with. One thing is that I think some friends and parents of friends think that I am anorexic (sp). See, I do NOT like eating in front of people. And when my dad picked me up from this party where I didnt eat anything the parent made a point to tell my dad I didn't eat anything. I know I'm not anorexic because I like my weight and what I look like. I actually could use a couple more pounds! And I normally like eating (I eat a lot) I just can't eat in front of people, and I hate everyone thinking I'm anorexic.
also, I'm hypoglycemic and so I've gotta be careful with what I eat, and people take this as an excuse for not eating. and that's not fair, because I would love to eat cake and cookies, but I can't. It's not some stupid excuse. I need advice. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really sure what the question is here...do you want advice on how to deal with people? Just explain all of what you said to them...

Secondly, what exactly is hypoglycemia.

I have type 1 diabetes, so i know what it is for me, it means i have low bloodsugar and need sugar to cure it...but how does it work with non-diabetics?

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe i'm not the best person to be giving advice on this, since i really am anorexic, but i also hate eating in front of people. but if you're at a party or something, then just make sure that you're always occupied with something... like talking to people- and get really involved in conversation, and nobody will notice that you're not eating. or if someone's like, "why don't you eat?" then be like, "oh i already ate" or "oh i'll eat later... first i'm gonna talk to (fill in the name)" or if you feel comfortable enough with these people, just tell them about the hypoglecimia- sorry- i spelled that totally wrong and i don't know what it is. and most people aren't going to push it any further than that once they know that you have a legitimate reason for not eating.
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.