Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » whats wrong

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whats wrong
nem
Neophyte
Member # 5553

Icon 5 posted      Profile for nem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have noticed small lumps on the base of my penis. Through what i have read they look like what genital warts should (small whitish etc.). But there is one problem:
I am a virgin so i don't have any idea what they could be(I don't even know if this is the right forum to disscuss this topic)

if you want more info say so in your reply

Ps this is my first post

Posts: 2 | From: NZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi nem,

and welcome to the boards. Yup, this forum is just as okay for your question as sexual Basics would be. Let me quote from our article "Man's best friend" (in case you haven't checked it out yet:

quote:
It's also common to have some pubic hair growing on the shaft of the penis. And of course, anywhere you have hair follicles and sweat glands, it is possible to get a pimple or zit. If you have a sore or blemish on your penis and it looks like a pimple, chances are good that it might be just that, particularly if it is on the bottom third of your penis, where there is most likely to be some pubic hair. If it doesn't go away in a few days' time, though, or doesn't seem like a pimple, see a doctor. Any sore that looks like a wart, a cold sore, a sunburn, or a rash on the penis needs to be looked at by a doctor, immediately.

So if they look like warts (little whitish things could also just be clogged pores), please head to the doc to have them checked out, just to be on the safe side.

Being a virgin (which many people define as never having had intercourse, but other kinds of sex, such as oral or manual sex) is no protection from STDs, simply because oral and manual sex are risky STD wise, too, and because sexually transmitted disease are most of the time but not always transmitted sexually.
HP viruses that cause genital warts can be transmitted through mucous membrane or skin to skin contact during manual, oral, vaginal or anal sex. So even if you haven't had intercourse but other sex, you are still at risk.

So in any way, if I were in your shoes, I'd have myself checked out, just to see what's up.

Hope it'll all be alright.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nem
Neophyte
Member # 5553

Icon 4 posted      Profile for nem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shouldn't as used the word virgin to mean the all encompassing term i intended it to be sorry guys (my bad) I meant that I hadn't had any sex of any kind (intercoarse, manual sex, oral sex etc.) with any one

btw thanks for the quick reply

Posts: 2 | From: NZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.