Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » headaches

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: headaches
trinityblade
Neophyte
Member # 3823

Icon 9 posted      Profile for trinityblade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had nothing but constant head aches these last few days. Nothing will make them go away? could this be stress? i am having a very difficult time in a relationship is this what could be causing it? What can I do to make them go away?
Posts: 15 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get a lot of bad headaches myself, most of the time, and it's quite possible that it is stress. Your body has to deal with it just as much as your brain does, and unfortunately that is often it's way of doing it.
They generally say that if headaches persist for a week or more then see your doctor. They can check you out for everything else that could cause it, which even includes sight problems.
For now, get as much rest as you can. Oooh-and lavender oil, lavender oil is very good for headaches. Put a drop on your pillow at night to help you sleep and ease the pain. And smell nice too!

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be caused from stressful or hectic days. Headaches are possible from just about anything, to certain foods you eat to the changes in weather.

See how everything works out, try to chill out and have some YOU time. If you still are getting headaches, I would go see your doctor and ask him or her what could be the problem.

I hope you feel betters.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'rin
Activist
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'rin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you've never had headaches like this before, you should at least mention them to your doctor. headaches can be just stress, but they can be lots of other things too. you also may want to talk to your parents - migrane headaches tend to run in families. if this is what's going on they will probably have some good headache management tips for you. i get migranes, and soemthing that works for me (when i dont' want to take my perscription pills which make me way silly) is to take a combination painkiller - like excedrine migrane - that has acedometaphin (the stuff in tylonal) and ibuprophin (the stuff in advil), wash it down with a soda or coffee (caffeine dialates blood vessles and part of the problem with migranes is that they constrict the blood vessels in your head) and take a nap for a half hour or so, preferably someplace very warm and dark. that usually at least lets me get on with my day.
'rin

------------------
"-and i hope i'm not shooting my mouth off...again...and i pray i'm not tempting the fates....."
-james, off millionaires
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-ben franklin

Posts: 219 | From: lost in yonkers | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More water, less caffeine.

WATER!

In addition to what everyone else has said. A lot of times I get really bad headaches and all it takes is about 8 glasses of water and I'm okay again. ;]

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com.
"Did you see my friend? He couldn't believe it, 'The girls are holding hands, the girls are holding hands!' Don't be a fool, it's 1995, the girls are just friends." --Belle and Sebastian, "Photo Jenny"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yup, when i get headaches, i chug water. my headache med of choice is advil. don't overdo them. two is plenty.

if your headaches are severe, causing vision abnormalities, and last more than 4 days with no signs of waning, it is extremely important to check with a doctor.

------------------
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definitely give up the caffeine. you'll feel ten times better.
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.