Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » obsessed with food

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: obsessed with food
confuzzledpiglet
Neophyte
Member # 5137

Icon 9 posted      Profile for confuzzledpiglet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for a while now i have been obsessed with controllinf the food that goes into my mouth. If i believe I have over eaten i will throw it up again.
I am 5'9 and 10.5 stone and i seem to be stuck at this weight however much i try and diet.
I cant go to a doctor or my parents because we r not that close and they think im a good girl and im scared of going to the doctors. i just dont know what to do this has been going on for a year now.

Posts: 2 | From: cambridge, england | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For others' reference, 10.5 stone=147 pounds.

Hello,
Please, please, please see a doctor and get professional help as soon as possible. Your parents will not think that you are a "bad girl" for going to a doctor.

If a person goes to the doctor to be treated for an illness, are they doing something wrong? NO.

If a person reaches out for help when they are in trouble, is (s)he a bad person? NO.

Although it may be difficult to speak to your parents about this since you aren't close, your parents will help you. Your parents want you to be healthy and happy and alive.

I'm glad that you have spoken about this to someone because it's very difficult. Now you have to begin to overcome it, and the first step is to get some help. Good luck!

------------------
Ash
Watch out for Code Red.
Scarleteen has helped you. Help Scarleteen.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's good that you are aware that there's something wrong. a lot of people who have eating disorders don't know they have one, and that can be dangerous. please take that first step and talk to your doctor. it'll most likely be a simple consultation, which obviously doesn't involve a lot of prodding and pinching. if it does, come on, just deal with it for your overall benefit.

now, imho, for your height, 10 stone isn't a problem. that sounds like it's within the healthy range. but that's simply my opinion, and i am not a qualified doctor. please ask your doctor if your weight and build is *healthy* because that is what is most important. trimming down is a distant secondary priority.

and lastly, please consult with your doctor (or possibly a dietitian, if you can find one) about what foods you should be eating to stay healthy, and what you should be avoiding. on a basic level, you should be eating plenty of vegetables and fruits, complex carbohydrates in pasta or bread, and proteins in meat or soy. avoid fats and sugars (ease up on junk snacking).

as for the nausea, i found that sipping on water and trying to calm down is good for alleviating that symptom.

cheers, and good luck.

------------------
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you are stuck at a certain weight you are lucky. At least in my opinion you are.

You shouldnt have to worry about losing weight (and probably not too much about gaining). People try their whole lives to get to their perfect body weight. And by perfect i mean what your BODY has chosen your ideal weight. Sometimes it is over the "normal healthy range" and sometimes it is a little under. Often when people unknowingly reach their body's perfect weight they dont realize it and think that they are overweight.

If only my weight would stay somewhere instead of changing all the time.

by the way, i have never heard of weight done in stones... is that what the title for the first Bush album is all about (16 stone)?

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Etch,
Here's why the album is called "Sixteen Stone".
A stone is a British unit of measurement.

------------------
Ash
Watch out for Code Red.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.