Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Vegans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vegans
GothGirl
Neophyte
Member # 793

Icon 10 posted      Profile for GothGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been a vegan now for about 3 years and I just love it. I just always feel so healthy and good about what i am putting into my body. I really don't know why i am writing this but i was wondering if there was anyone else that was or is a vegan/vegetarian on here...
Posts: 23 | From: Scottsdale, Az, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm vegan too. It makes me very happy as well and is the right health/body/soul choice for me.

In case anyone is interested in getting some very good information about veganism or learning more about it, check out http://www.vrg.org/ .

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0dd1
Neophyte
Member # 429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0dd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
vegetarian, for about 6 years. but the only dairy products i eat are cheese and ice cream. and even then not that often.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a lifelong vegetarian, but over the last few years had to add occasional fish to my diet (long story, but due to durgery my protein sources got extremely limited).

It's always made me very happy, healthy and I feel great about it.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I"ve been a vegatarian for about 3 years. I don't have any political reasons, I just odn't like how long it takes to chew meat.

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there is a difference between vegans and vegitarians right? i couldnt handle being a vegan. i like leather and ice cream too much. I could be a vegitarian i think. I dont like the smell of cooking meat. Especially chicken. But sometimes its good.

My friend is a vegitarian but not because she chose to be. She was raised that way and is afraid if she eats meat again she will get sick. She probably would becuase her body isnt used to it.

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playingbyheart
Activist
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playingbyheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i became a vegetarian at the age of 12 (ish). I still eat cheese and other dairy, though i'd like to go vegan once i go to college either in NYC or san fran.
Posts: 91 | From: Chicago, Il | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink_Lemonade_03
Activist
Member # 277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink_Lemonade_03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a vegetarian who is thinking of going Vegan. Right now I eat dairy products and that's it... no meat, poultry, seafood, or eggs.
Posts: 140 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 14 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm vegetarian, so is my b/f and most of my friends are vegan.
It's a great lifestyle.. and I couldn't live without my soy milk and tofu!
mmmmm....

entropie

------------------
***DISCLAIMER*** All advice received from me should be used at YOUR OWN RISK. I am in no way responsible for the advice that I give. I only give my opinions to the situation. It is up to you to do what you feel is the right thing.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*sonia*
Neophyte
Member # 367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *sonia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm, i think i can say that i'm a partial vegetarian... i pretty much eat just seafood and chicken, beef and pork in cautious moderation. i drink soy drinks, i don't like cow's milk anymore. it was just something, i forget, that i didn't like about it anymore. my bro's friend is vegan and he's not ashamed when everyone else eats animal products and tries to convince him to drop it. he's not ashamed to inform ppl that he is vegan, and why he is, which is why i'm so proud of him.

------------------
"Dreams are born in the heart and mind and only there can they ever die."

Posts: 16 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.