Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » A list of allergies... now what?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A list of allergies... now what?
broccolidiva
Activist
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broccolidiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm forced off milk, dairy, eggs (for the most part) and meat. Asides from that, wheat, yeast, bananas, peanuts, sunflower seeds, CHOCOLATE!, and a variety of other foods are to be strongly avoided. It's a gifted (and well respected healer) who had some allergy tests ordered on me, and these things can cause from the simplest of migranes to completely awful neurological episodes. While they still haven't ruled out multiple sclerosis as a possibility, they're also taking this precaution.

I'm also on a clensing diet of fruit, vegetables, rice and water for a week out of every two months because I am full of toxins due to the fact that I have been constantly ill for a year.

Has anyone gone through anything like this before?

Love,
Brocc

Posts: 66 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
At this point, you should probably ask for a referral to a nutritionist. S/he can help you work out a menu plan. A good friend has multiple food allergies yet she is able to eat a variety of foods by eating smart. She has used the information from her nutritionist to be able to eat in restaurents. I can remember havng a Chinese dinner with her one night. She spoke to the head waiter who, in turn, brought the head cook (they are not called chefs in Chinese cooking) to her table and he was able to plan a very interesting meal that avoided any of the foods to which she was allergic.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you're on this diet, how do you plan to make up for the lost minerals and vitamins from cutting out two of the four food groups? I just wanted to caution you that you might be cutting out such vital nutrients such as Vitamin D and protein.

Before you start this diet, I would also agree that you should double-check with a nutrionist first. The diet sounds okay and all, but for your body type, it might actually be completely wrong, plus there might be some hidden negatives in that diet.

Just a suggestion since when I slowly cut out a lot of meat in my diet, I didn't make up for it so eventually I started losing a lot of iron in my blood which left me feeling really weak and well, my waste product started changing to a different color.

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out vegan and allergy support groups on the 'net for some resources, and do see a nutritionist. I used to take care of a toddler who was allergic to pretty well anything you can think of (try feeding someone who can't have dairy, wheat, or corn!) but we did learn ways around his problems. And it would have been SOOO great having the 'net then. So look into it now.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.