Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » hair!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hair!
cheerleader01
Neophyte
Member # 3358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheerleader01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week my friend and I decided to highlight my hair, we got the stuff at Walgreens and took it back and started to do it. Now my hair where I part it is blonde, red, and orange all in one. I live in a small town and my hair dresser is very blount and doesn't like the girl that did this to my hair so I really don't want to go to my hair dresser. I have tried baby shampoo and that turns it red. I have really dark brown hair and it looks really weird, please help me.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes, this has to happen to everyone at least once i think. Unfortunatly, i'm not too sure there's much more you can do, then strip it at a hair dressers, or try some hair products specified for getting out dye.

I think you'll just have to learn to live with it for awhile though.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a small world! i had a hair disaster last night, too. used a bad product and burned the hell out of my scalp before my hair finsihed bleaching. so my bangs are orangish-yellow.

here's what i can recommend:

Never let someone you don't trust 100% to put caustic chemicals in your hair. Heck, i did my bf's hair last night and it still came out blotchy (i've never done this wrong before, either -- but it was a crappy product)

Don't use a cheap brand. Go with something you can trust.

hmm, okay, for now, put up with the hair until you can get a different color to cover?

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, that happened to me. My hair turned orange when i tried to die it blonde. But i know how you are feeling. Is there anyone in your family or friends that have experience w/ dying hair? Because you can pick up a darker color die (one near your natural color) and try dying it, but if you don't know anyone who is well experienced in that, then leave your hair alone until you can get a hairdresser to do it. And i totally agree w/ Gumdrop girl, don't use a cheap brand. For now you'll have to live w/ it, or get the guts to go to your hairdresser . I hope everything works out for ya
Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might want to try using a color conditioner close to your natural color until your hair has time to heal.

The golden rule of hairdressing is this: you can never effectively go more than two - three shades lighter in a single process. if you do, that's what happens. Brunettes who ant blonde, even streaks, usually need a double-process, done by a pro. In general, dark-brown-haired folks really should aim away from blondes. It's just too much of a departure, unless you don't care about it looking unnatural and funky.

Don't redye it right now, you'll just damage it more. use a color conditioner for a month or so, until you get some regrowth. Then talk to your stylist.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.