Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » im 14 and i still get random erections can anyone help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im 14 and i still get random erections can anyone help?
Justin94
Neophyte
Member # 41822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justin94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my name justin im 14 years old and turn 15 in 7 months and i still get erections from sitting i try standing more offten but its during school and im in rotc so i have to wear these really tight uniforms tight as in its really hard to put on but any way i get erections for no reason and id like to know why so if any one can help or give me some information id be very happy

-Justin.

Posts: 3 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's perfectly normal for male teenagers to get random erections. There really isn't anything you can do about it, save simply try not to sweat it. I promise that you are not the only one this happens to, and that's it's much more obvious for you than it is for anyone else.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justin94
Neophyte
Member # 41822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justin94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
welll some times i think everyone can see i mean i was called up in german class and i had an erection i had to look at the board trying to hide it untill it went down and then i heard people laughing probly because they saw or im being skeptical i dnt know so will it ever stop?
Posts: 3 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will stop, I promise. What will happen is that the older you get, the less frequently that will happen to you outside of sexual situations.

I know that in the meantime, that can be really tough to deal with. In sexual development in puberty, one thing most people grapple with are the parts and changes that make themselves visible to everyone when we really don't want them to be visible for everyone: with guys, that tends to be about public erections, with girls, often it's about developing breasts. Unfortunately, not everyone's level of maturity is such in jr.high or high school to have sensitivity to these things.

If it helps, you might try and bear in mind that this isn't just you: other guys do have to deal with this, too.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something else to keep in mind is it's far more obvious to you than it is to everyone else.

I don't recall ever noticing someone with an erection at school or an equally non-sexual setting. Given that there were men in every one of my classes in middle and high school, it's highly likely that people did have random erections, but I just didn't notice. Most people just aren't paying that kind of attention to other people.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justin94
Neophyte
Member # 41822

ok thank you guys i was just wondering because i was trying to find out when it strts and all i could find were 12 year olds with the problem i thot there was something wrong with me or something thank you guys so much you guys are awsome :]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.