Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » secretory phase and menstruation.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: secretory phase and menstruation.
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hiiiii !
well, i've read the page on our cycles etc.
i just have a hugeeee question.

i just passed the secretory phase, like 3 days ago, and i was wondering,
how long after you finish the secretory phase would your period appear??

Also, a second question. Does having a secretory phase tell you whether you're pregnant or not?

i'll appreciate your answer guys
[Big Grin]

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The secretory, or "luteal phase" as it's commonly known, is the set period between ovulation and the next menstruation. It's generally the same length each cycle for a particular woman, even though ovulation can fluctuate. This is because a particular woman's body produces a set amount of progesterone for a set number of days.

It usually lasts between 10-16 days, with the average being 14 days. After this, if there's no pregnancy, menstruation will start. In women charting their cycles, a longer-than-usual luteal phase is usually the first indicator of pregnancy. [Smile]

But, unless you're charting, it's no use fussing over. Most women can't tell when their luteal phase has begun or how long it lasts until months of charting have passed.

[ 10-17-2008, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lauren, thank you so much for your quick response.
So i guess i just need to wait for my period to come.

i stopped having those secretions that happen during the luteal phase so i guess that phase is over?.
sorry to insist but is there a number or days? a week maybe that needs to pass after ive finish the luter phase in order for my period to come? or there is just not number of days? :S oh im so sorry to ask again

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you check this article out, then let me know if you have any more questions? :)

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/get_with_the_flow_all_about_fam

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

okay, thank you again lauren!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
peace

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

You're welcome. :)

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.