Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bleeding from the vagina

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding from the vagina
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys. I usually am helping answer, but need an answer myself now.

My girlfriend and I have been sexually active since around Feb. of this year. I notice every time I penetrate her, she winces a little, and asks me to go slow. Today she told me that the reason why is because she feels like something is ripping down there. Now, I'm not exaggerating my penis size, I'm an average sized 16 year old. She says that there is a piece of skin right next to her vaginal entrance that rips, and the next day if she dabs it with paper, she get's small but noticeable blood spots. What could this be? She's not 100% sure, but I had her look at a diagram and she dosen't think it's her labia minora. Any help? Greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What other sexual activities do you two engage in before you get to intercourse? Do you make sure your partner is totally relaxed and aroused? Do you make sure to only have penetrative sex when she's 110% ready and wanting it? Do you use additional lube? Do you go slowly and stop when she's experiencing any pain or discomfort?

It's not unusual for a woman to experience some bleeding if she's not fully aroused, not using enough lube, or if the partner's being a bit rough. If that happens, you'll just want to hold off on intercourse a few days to give her time to heal.

But obviously, that doesn't need to happen if you take care of everything that I mentioned above. If you do do all that, and she still experiences pain and bleeding, she'll want to make an appointment with her gyn to get checked out.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do everything you mention, probably 115% [Smile] . She says that just when I start to penetrate, she feels a little pain, and that I have to go further inside before it actually feels good, then it dosen't hurt. It's just when I enter. She says the "rip" heals, but then the next time we try, which by the way, there's about 2-3 weeks between each time, and only 5 times since Feb., it rips again. Can you think of anything based off of that? Or should she still make an appointment. And do you know what skin she's talking about. I have a pretty good background of diagrams etc. and I can't understand what she's talking about. Is that skin an abnormality? It's kind of hard to do that without arising any suspicion with only her dad that she lives with [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

I do everything you mention, probably 115% [Smile] . She says that just when I start to penetrate, she feels a little pain, and that I have to go further inside before it actually feels good, then it dosen't hurt. It's just when I enter. She says the "rip" heals, but then the next time we try, which by the way, there's about 2-3 weeks between each time, and only 5 times since Feb., it rips again. Can you think of anything based off of that? Or should she still make an appointment. And do you know what skin she's talking about. I have a pretty good background of diagrams etc. and I can't understand what she's talking about. Is that skin an abnormality? It's kind of hard to do that without arising any suspicion with only her dad that she lives with [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------
- Jase Watson

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If all of that is taken care of, then yes, I would suggest an appointment with her gyn. It's hard for us, too, to picture what someone else is talking about in terms of their own anatomy, and talking to a gyn who's right there and can see what she's talking about would probably be a big help.

She also doesn't need to worry about her father: If she's menstruating, it's time to start annual gyn check-ups anyway. This is recommended for all women, regardless of whether they're sexually active. So there's no need to disclose this to her father if she doesn't want to at this point.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Thank you September! [Smile] I'll let her know. Sorry for the double post, the boards didn't show my reply till this morning. Take care!

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to also make sure we're all clear, it's entirely possible this bleeding is just due to her still having a partial hymen than is wearing away some with sexual activity.

Mind, since you two are sexually active, it's time for BOTH of you to start getting sexual healthcare anyway, so no sense in not checking while she's doing her half of that, especially since if this is due to any kind of infection, she'll need that treated.

But it sounds to me, from your description, and if everything else is all in place, that this being about her hymen is a very likely possibility.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

She uses tampons, and she says that it's not quite in, it's more just right at the edge. But I am going to ask her, and when there's time maybe look to see if I can tell. I'll tell her to ask to go to the docs. Thanks everyone!

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the hymen is right at the edge: when it's present, fully or partially, it's tethered just underneath the vaginal opening.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.