Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Very heavy...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very heavy...
Tric3727
Activist
Member # 36245

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Tric3727     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This month i was having a discharge that started off brown n then went to blood. It wasnt alot like a period, but there was still blood. Now Im actually on my period and its super heavy!!Do you have any ideas what the problem is or if its even a problem?

--------------------
wItH lOv3, TrIc3!

Posts: 55 | From: compton | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long before your period did you have this discharge? And how heavy is "super heavy"?

This could give you a little help with a little understanding of your discharge and period.
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/on_the_rag_a_guide_to_menstruation

* The entire article is helpful, but if you want to understand your discharge and period a little more, you can just skip down to "It's just a phase" and read until the end of "The Rag, When It's a Drag"

[ 05-24-2008, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Typical Young and Dumb Teenager? ]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beautiful*But*Lonely
Neophyte
Member # 38578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful*But*Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had alot of the same problem. I never had that until I became sexually active. And I asked my doctor and he said it is normal for sexually active teeneger girls. He also said that you dont have to be sexually active for that it could be caused by birth control too. I hope that is helps.

--------------------
*To keep yourself together when *everybody else expects you to *loose all self is *TRUE STRENGTH*

Posts: 8 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, being sexually active doesn't really have any effect at all on a woman's menstrual cycle (unless you get pregnant, that is). Being sexually active does not cause heavier bleeding.

Tric, if the bleeding is extremely heavy, you'll want to give your gyn a call and ask for an appointment.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tric3727
Activist
Member # 36245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tric3727     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
15 days prior to my period it was happening its heavier than normal I change my pad like every 2-3 hrs normally I can wear 1 longer. I havent had sex in a month or so. So im not sure if this is anything sexual.I went to the doctor while I was still on my period and they said its probably jus switching up or getting heavier because Im getting older.

--------------------
wItH lOv3, TrIc3!

Posts: 55 | From: compton | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.