Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Penis question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Penis question
Smile
Neophyte
Member # 38307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 17 and my penis is 5" long. My girlfriends past boyfriend had a 7-8" penis. We have not had sex yet but we will soon. She loved her previous boyfriends size and I was wondering if she feel feel a major difference between ours. Will she get less pleasure from mine?

I was also wondering if my penis will still continue to grow? It seems like I have the smallest penis out of everyone I know.

Posts: 6 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5" is actually pretty average, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. (Too, unless you're going around with a tape measure and measuring all of your friends' penises, which I would ask their permission for first, then you really can't know how big their penises are. People lie about size all the time. Heck, I lied about my breast size in high school plenty of times.) We certainly can't know if you will continue to grow. That's determined by genetics.

Have you heard that saying, "It's not the size of the boat that matters, but the motion of the ocean"? The vagina can expand or contract depending on how aroused a woman is or to fit a baby through it. Also, there really aren't a whole lot of nerve endings past the entrance to the vagina, so size really isn't going to make too huge a difference. Know also that no two people will fit together the same way, so you both may find that different positions work for the two of you together than did for either of you with your past partners. The key is to experiment until you find positions that work for both of you. And keep in mind that intercourse is not the only kind of sex out there. There are several other types to try and experiment with.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5" is still normal and really close to the average. Can it still grow? Yeah it can, but I can't guarantee that for you.

I think what really matters here is not the penis, but the person attached to it. One of the great things about having a new partner is that you get to find out what works for you as a couple. What might have been great about one of your previous partners may totally be off the slate now that you're with someone else.Not that we totally abandon all of our old interests. But i'm saying that hey, if you've got a good relationship with openness, honesty and communication, I'm sure you both can find something delightful and satisfying.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smile
Neophyte
Member # 38307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you
Posts: 6 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.