Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » ejaculating

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ejaculating
Niki
Neophyte
Member # 37106

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Niki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've given my boyfriend blowjobs and handjobs before (while he was standing) but he couldn't ejaculate. But a few nights ago, we performed some of the same activities sitting down and he did it just fine, and he said it was harder to ejaculate while standing.

I'm just wondering, why is that? Does this happen with many guys?

Posts: 32 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes it's simply harder to reach orgasm (or ejaculate) standing up, really. Standing and sitting use different muscles, and that can change how long things can take (or sometimes make it impossible for others, too). It's really nothing to worry about, and is fairly common.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheFlash
Activist
Member # 33089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheFlash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can answer this one. I tried once with my gf and many times by masturbating, but it doesn't work either way. Here's why I think it doesn't work for me. As things progress, it feels better and better. If things are going well, eventually I cross a point where I lose control, this happens just moments before I ejaculate. Since I can't control myself, I can't stand either. Once I fell over in the shower and hit my head which ruined the moment before I ejaculated. Maybe if I had something strong to hold on to or something to lean against, it might work better. I start to feel more off balance the closer I get, which is at best distracting and at worst puts me in danger of tipping over. Then again, I'm not very coordinated.

I suppose I could wear a helmet, which might be considered a new kind of safe sex.

Posts: 98 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blood circulation is something else to bear in mind: when we're standing, it's different than when we're laying down, or particularly, sitting, where more blood is going to pool around our pelvis.

Flash: maybe we'll add helmets to our readiness checklist. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niki
Neophyte
Member # 37106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, aww Flash!! Well, he's not very coordinated either, maybe its better that I found that out before we tried something standing up again...

That makes a lot of sense now! Thanks, everyone.

Posts: 32 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheFlash
Activist
Member # 33089

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TheFlash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, okay Heather, you can add it to the list if you like, but then I'm going to need a way to explain to my mom why I'm bringing my bike helmet into the shower with me. [Big Grin]
Posts: 98 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coordination is a good thing to know about, but it's really about finding what works at any time and going from there.

And flash: Statistically more people are injured yearly in a fall during a shower than have any other home accidents. You could always toss a statistic and mention you'd like to take the best safety precautions - then as you walk away smile to yourself about the little joke you gave that nobody but you understands. [Smile]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.