Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Is there really any major differences between circumsized and non?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there really any major differences between circumsized and non?
sasuke21
Neophyte
Member # 36601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sasuke21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I mean is, is there any major difference between a circumsized penis and non-circumsized one?(other than one has foreskin, hur dur).

I know that circumsized penis's tend to not be as sensative because of the brushing on boxers and such.

But do they effect how sex goes?

I tried to look for the answer but any article I found was either pro-circumsized or against it strong. To the point that all info or all opinions I found were biased.

I am circumsized and don't think I've had any problems, but I was still curious.
Do women prefer one to another?

Thanks to any honest answers, I am tired of getting the same redirect from both sides.

Posts: 5 | From: CA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The biggest differences are these:

1) The sensitivity issue you mentioned. That's about the fact that an uncut penis has some built-in friction going on, and as well, the penis under the foreskin can tend to be more sensitive because it doesn't get exposed as often as a circumcised penis does. For that reason, too, it can be a good idea for circ'd men with sexual partners to be sure they're not being too rough or too fast to try and get that friction. And with uncircumcised men, partners may need to just be aware of that extra sensitivity.

2) Self-lubrication. An uncircumcised penis self-lubricates, whereas a circ'd penis no longer has the foreskin glands which do that. So, circumcised men will often need to be doubly sure to use extra lubricant with sexual partners for both partner's comfort.

3) Uncircumcised men can be more prone to infections, but that's usually mitigated by basic hygiene.

In terms of women's preferences, don't forget that some women prefer to have no penises in their sex lives at all. [Smile] But other than that, while you may occasionally meet a woman with a preference, it's generally something that isn't a big deal with women (particularly when you bear in mind that there are other issues women have with intercourse, such as it not being all that satisfying, no matter the type of penis, for most). For the most part, partners are going to treat differences in penises the same way they'd see and treat other physical differences between people, as normal variations. And overall, people tend to thrive on sexual variation more than familiarity or routine, so.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, let me state that I am a female; I do not have a penis. ;P

However, after dating a guy for nine months, I can tell you what he has told me about it.

Like you said, being uncircumsized often makes the penis more sensitive, especially during sex, although the guy might find it a tad bit uncomfortable. On that part, Im not sure, though; it has something to do with the way its pulled or something.

However, being circumsized is nothing more than having the foreskin cut off; so, once done, it's just not there anymore. Neither being circumsized or not being disables a person from engaging in sex.

As a girl, I dont care whether a guy is or not, as long as the guy is okay and not in pain. Whether or not others feel the same way is unknown to me.

Hope this helps. [Big Grin]

[ 05-04-2008, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Typical Young and Dumb Teenager? ]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sasuke21
Neophyte
Member # 36601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sasuke21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So are you saying in terms of the actual act of sex itself there is no major difference?

And if you are wearing a condom isn't the whole lubricated point no big deal?

Posts: 5 | From: CA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said, there are often sensitivity differences -- intercourse also does tend to feel a bit different to some degree for both partners -- and there are always lubrication differences, since you don't self-lubricate.

A lubricated condom has very little lubricant on it. Often enough, for a female partner to be comfortable -- and to help keep the condom from breaking -- you'll need to add additional lube. as well, for you, since you don't self-lubricate, a drop of lube inside the condom before you put it on can make it feel better for you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sasuke21
Neophyte
Member # 36601

Then what is pre-cum doing?
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pre-cum does create a little bit of lubrication, but it's not meant to lubricate during sex. Pre-ejaculate is the body's way of making sure the urethra is ready for ejaculation- ensuring that there's nothing in there dangerous to sperm. Pre-cum does not usually come out in large amounts, and does not last long with friction, which is why extra lube is needed.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertatissacra
Activist
Member # 35773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for libertatissacra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking as a female who has had sex both with an uncircumcised man and a circumcised man...it doesn't make a lot of difference to me. The only difference from my end (besides just how the penis looks, and I don't find either appearance to be any kind of turn-off) is that we don't need to use lube for manual sex with an uncircumcised partner, but again, either way, it's not a big deal. As long as a sexual partner is open and communicative, I could care less if he's circumcised or not.

Of course, I'm sure some women may have a stronger preference one way or the other, but I honestly don't see it making a lot of difference from our end.

And it's true that circumcised penises may have differences in sensation, but honestly, you don't have anything to compare your penis's sensations to, right? As far as "sexual performance" goes, I'd bet that it depends a lot more on the individual than on whether or not he's circumcised. [Smile]

--------------------
"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between."
-Oscar Wilde

Posts: 115 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.