Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » discharge. [again]

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: discharge. [again]
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohitslovex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i know i already posted a topic on this before. but i still have brown disharge. when my boyfriend is rough when he's fingering me or when we have sex i get brown discharge after for a few days, so it's not abnormal. but this month, i got my period at the beginning of the month but i've had brown discharge for this whole month. we've done stuff a lot so i think that's why. and it stopped for two days but came back so i don't know what's going on? but a doctor said that there can be a tear or arip in your vagina or he could scratch the inside of my vagina with his fingernail, and from doing stuff all the time it can cause it not to heal fully and keep reopening causing this. so can that be why?
Posts: 56 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, if you are bleeding after any kind of sex regularly, you really need to cool it with how rough you're being, or at the very least, have your boyfriend wear latex gloves and use plenty of lube so you're not getting abrasions. Bleeding from sex all the time really isn't something we'd consider normal or healthy.

So, I'd be sure and get started on one of those things: being less rough, or being more safe when you are.

Too, are you up-to-date with STI screenings, especially considering it sounds like you've been having abrasions, which would increase STI risks?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohitslovex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not all the time just sometimes. and we've only had sex a few times so i'm not really used to it. and what are abrasions? and i know i don't have anything i already got tested.

and this is random but i heard you can injure your stomach during sex? idk if that's a rumour or not?

Posts: 56 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't get to your stomach through your vagina or any other part of your genitals.

Abrasions are wounds caused by friction, where you effectively rub tissue raw in spots.

A person's body doesn't "get used to" very rough contact or being scratched or rubbed raw because of dryness and friction. So, again, if you're going to get intense with hands inside your vagina, the way to avoid injuries is by watching *how* rough and by having a partner use plenty of lube and, ideally, latex gloves. Seriously, it also FEELS better when you add those things.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

yeah i know. but this doesn't happen all the time just sometimes when he's more rough. but like not i've had this for the whole month. usually it's a few days after my period and then it goes away but it hasn't. and i was watching the tyra banks show yesterday and there was this famous sex doctor, i don't remember her name but the audience got to ask questions and one of them was the same thing as my problem. she'd been having normal periods but brown discharge for a while and she said there can be a cut or tear and if you don't allow it to heal properly it will keep reopening causing this.
Heather
Member # 3

I feel like you aren't hearing me.

This is exactly my point in talking to you about abrasions. Sounds like you two need to chill out with the rough fingering or IF it is something you enjoy, to be doing it in a way that is less likely to cause injury.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

i do get what you're saying. do abrasions go away?
Heather
Member # 3

Yes: they are small wounds, and they heal when you let them do that by taking a break, not being so rough, and by taking preventative measures to avoid irritating them or causing them again.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

okay so you think this is what this is?
Heather
Member # 3

If you have already very recently been tested for infections as you say, and had your healthcare provider take a look during your pelvic exam and not find any kind of infection, and this is not only happening shortly after your menstrual period, then yes, this would be the most likely cause.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

okay thank you.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.