Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I cant let him see me...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I cant let him see me...
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend have been togethre for two and a half years now, but for some reason I still cant bring myself to let him see me naked.
Even if its in a non sexual sense, like if Im just going to the shower or something.

Im not sure why not, I mean, it took a year before I even let him see me without a bra! I just get the feeling that this isnt normal...

I love him, and I dont mind seeing him naked at all, but I just cant let him see me. Me and my friends talk openly about this kind of stuff all the time, but when I told them all this they all seemed to think it was a little strange.

I tried to take their advice and just let him see, but I cant do it. If he even tries to, or if I think he's going to be able to see me -its more "down there" than any other part of me- during sex or whenever, then I just freak out in my head. I try to make a joke out of it, and he doesnt really mind, but I can tell it bugs him a bit, and its making me feel like Im just weird.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this? Or what might be causing it?

Any advice/ideas are welcome

Thanks

Posts: 83 | From: at my desk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Trippy, perhaps reading through this could help you out?

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/i_hate_my_body_so_i_dont_want_my_boyfriend_to_see_it

I'm not sure that you can relate to the heavyset issues that are addressed in the link, but Heather gives some sound advice there that can be used within different contexts. [Smile]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks, I'll give it a read.
Posts: 83 | From: at my desk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.