Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » cramping but i don't have my period.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cramping but i don't have my period.
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohitslovex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've been having really bad cramps on and off for the past few days. and stomach pain and it hasn't been going away. i'm supposed to get my period this coming week, can that be the cause?
Posts: 56 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do they feel like uterine cramps, or are they somewhere else in your abdomen?

If they do feel uterine, do you normally experience cramps a few days before your period?

Thing is, you also reported typical symptoms of a urinary tract infection here a couple days ago. have you gotten that looked into yet? If not, and you have a UTI, that may well be why you are cramping and having abdominal pain, and given these additional symptoms, it's even more important you get in and get looked at.

[ 12-31-2007, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohitslovex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah they feel like the cramps i normally get when i get my period. they're not abnormal.
Posts: 56 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you been seen about those other symptoms yet?

You say they're not abnormal, but you're here asking so one assumes you don't think they're normal, and you're getting them days before your period. And again, you have also reported urinary pain very recently.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

my periods always abnormal. it doesn't have a schedule. so idk. and yeah this happens sometimes befor my period. not all the time.
Heather
Member # 3

I'm having a bit of trouble helping you right now because you're not answering a question I've asked twice and need to know: have you been seen yet for your possible UTI?

If you have NOT, then you need to get seen for that, especially if those urinary symptoms are still going on. The cramping may be about your period (though cramps days before a period aren't really common), but it may also -- especially since you are also having stomach pain -- be about a UTI or a bladder or kidney infection, or heck, something else entirely. but with all these growing symptoms, you just need to be seen.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

no i haven't gone to the doctor yet. i know i need to go. so i'm going to ask my mom to make an appointment.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.