Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » How do YOU celebrate your period? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How do YOU celebrate your period?
ilovenerds
Neophyte
Member # 47947

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovenerds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boo NH Oddity:

Spend the whole day on the couch with a blanket, laptop, remote control and hot chocolate by the bucket. I think it'd be nice and stress relieving to just turn my phone off or leave it upstairs, and tell everyone not to bother me, today is Natalie day. Sorry, can't run upstairs to bring you tea, it's Natalie day. Sorry, can't let your dogs outside to pee, it's Natalie day. No favors, no chores, just relaxing with a romantic comedy and webcomics galore.

I second this [Smile]
Posts: 35 | From: Land of Love | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoppyOnline
Neophyte
Member # 48406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoppyOnline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like it when I get my period because it means my anxiety from PMS will go. And in Winter its nice to be all cosy.
Posts: 4 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazyhorseperson
Activist
Member # 109011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorseperson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't celebrate my periods, but I always feel proud that I can make it through the painful days by just sleeping and relaxing (maybe that's my form of celebration, but it's an unconscious form if it is)...there's always the 'yay my body is working right (considering I'm on birth control)' bit too. [Big Grin] I usually celebrate the end of the period more than the start, because the end feels like a way to start over for the month. I made it through that bit, now on to the next!
Posts: 48 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark me down as one of the weird people who finds using a menstrual cup to be absolutely fascinating. My LadyCups are pretty much the only fun part of my period.

I got my first one when I was 18, but I didn't have the money for a pretty one. Last year, I got a sky blue one as a Christmas present to myself, since I was living in a dorm and I needed to be able to remove one, put the other in, and then go rinse the first. Now I'm living in an apartment and I just use the blue one because it makes me happy. I may actually have to get another if I have the chance because it's just kind of nice to have a pretty little cotton bag and a nice pretty colored cup.

Also it's kind of fascinating to see the consistency and color and such change throughout my cycle.

Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.