Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Another paranoid, overwinded orgasm question with way too much information

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another paranoid, overwinded orgasm question with way too much information
dark-blue
Neophyte
Member # 35972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dark-blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so this is one of those paranoid me-me-me questions, but I'm a natural worrier and it's driving me to despair.

Basically, I'm a 18-yo virgin and have never had an orgasm, but not through lack of trying. I've always been very curious about sex and sexuality, never had any qualms about masturbation, and have become a frequent reader of erotica.
A few months ago the frustration peaked, and I bought myself a Rabbit (platinum, to be specific), and remained frustrated.
Darn.
I wouldn't say it has no effect on me, it does, buckling knees and all, but whenever it feels like it starts getting intense, I panic and switch it off. I don't think I've ever given that Rabbit more than 5 minutes of my time.

I've got several hundred theories (such as being difficult to please, or needing a situation with human touch rather than rotating synthetic goods); one of the more prominent ones being that I... this is awkward to say, but I think I'm scared that in my desperation to release I will forgo all muscle control and - to be crude, because I can't find a good metaphor - piss myself.
Great.

It's a nagging insecurity, and made much worse by the recent acquisition of my first boyfriend. I always assumed I'd be the sort of person that would wait for months on end, but apparently not...

I'm not sure if this is just me venting, or if I expect any replies. It just feels like it's a good idea to get it out, no matter how embarrassing and insignificant a situation it is.

Cheers.

--------------------
Believe me now, or believe me later.

Posts: 3 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you gone to the bathroom and emptied your bladder beforehand? Then there would be no urine left to empty. At the very least, you could try it in the privacy of your bathroom. At least then you would know what happens when you orgasm, for future reference.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's also pretty unlikely for you to pee yourself during orgasm. Just sayin'.
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark-blue
Neophyte
Member # 35972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dark-blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I figured as much. But y'know, an idea plants itself into your mind and won't bloody well leave.

--------------------
Believe me now, or believe me later.

Posts: 3 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mortality
Activist
Member # 35831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mortality     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shower heads work pretty good for masturbation as well, and if you're in the shower it won't be too horrible if you would pee yourself.
Posts: 122 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ocarina
Neophyte
Member # 32310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ocarina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, are you just worried that you're going to urinate, or do you actually feel like you HAVE to urinate? Some women feel like they have to pee just before they come. (I'm one of them, and that lovely little sensation kept me from getting there for a solid year before I found out what it was!)
Posts: 16 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pasquelene
Neophyte
Member # 35998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pasquelene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mortality:
Shower heads work pretty good for masturbation as well, and if you're in the shower it won't be too horrible if you would pee yourself.

Shower heads [Confused]

as in penetration with the actual shower head or what? sounds a bit violent to me

--------------------
*She wants to go home, nobody's home*

Posts: 1 | From: South Africa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pasquelene, some women use the water flow of a showerhead or faucet to stimulate their genitals. Penetration would be nearly impossible, unsanitary and dangerous.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mortality
Activist
Member # 35831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mortality     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pasquelene:
quote:
Originally posted by Mortality:

Shower heads [Confused]

as in penetration with the actual shower head or what? sounds a bit violent to me

Not really ^^ As JamsessionVT it's the water flow that's being used^^
Posts: 122 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jumpsturdy
Neophyte
Member # 31918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jumpsturdy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same sensation that I sometimes do, but the buckling knees and urgent desire to stop sort of sound like how I feel when my clitoris get TOO stimulated.

I had a boyfriend once who would put one finger directly on my clit and rub way too hard, and it was so intense that it actually wasn't pleasurable. I prefer more generalized pressure. And the sensation was a little bit like having to pee.

I don't know if that's the situation, but maybe you are over-stimulating your clit. Maybe try a different method of masturbation?

I know this is sort of unusual, but to get the right kind of pressure, I will sometimes straddle the side of my bathtub and move forward and back in a humping sort of motion. Feel free to ignore that option if it seems too wierd to you. Just sayin'.

Posts: 15 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wyntermidnite
Activist
Member # 24641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyntermidnite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I often feel like I have to pee to during sexual activities, so I make it a habit to always use the bathroom beforehand, and if I am engaged in it for more than an hour or so I usually have to stop and take a bathroom break again. It can get annoying but I have found that if I feel bladder pressure I have a much harder time orgasming.

I also have a rabbit and mine has speeds, when I have it on high speed and feel over sensitized I take it to the lower setting and let myself rest a bit. In fact, now that I think about it, I take lots of stimulation breaks during mastrubation so that it doesn't become too much. Maybe if you just set aside 10 minutes of time where you would touch yourself and when it became too much rest until it isn't unpleasant and try again. Add 5 minutes to the session maybe once a week and build up your stamina to pleasure.

I find that learning to control the stimulation and cope with it is very important, and can take a good amount of time. So that by the time you have worked up to 30 or 40 minutes in a session(or whatever works for your body) you will have built up with stimulation and had breaks and be able to orgasm.

I hope everything works well for you, I know having orgasm problems can be so frustrating on so many different levels, so don't give up!

Posts: 70 | From: Fullerton, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.