Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Acne like appearrence. What is it? is there a fix?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Acne like appearrence. What is it? is there a fix?
Member # 33980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueGender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(This will be a shortened explanation hopefully)

I am a 16 year old male.

I've had what people would think as "acne" on my face since I was 10ish years old.

My problem is, Once it appeared, it never completely went away...

Sure I had white pimples sometimes and red bumps, and redish skin around that but once that went away, for severe cases, the redness that came with it never went could fade in and out but it has yet to ever completely go away, even if my face is relatively smooth, the marks stayed and now today there are several tiny brownish discolorations. Which possibly may not be noticable, but step a couple feet closer and look for at least 2 seconds and you'll see.

Now days along with some discolored marks, my face just has the most faintest shade of red to a point where it's not obvious but IS in fact there.

I have reason to believe it is rosacea and all this time I never really had acne any more than the most average kid.

also, my face is oily enough on a daily basis that it can act as your daily hand lotion (realistically, not the whole hand) and is classified as "shiny" too.

What is your opinion and what simple easy ways are there for me to literally get rid of my facial mishaps?(which can be all scars already)...

[ 11-28-2007, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: BlueGender ]

Posts: 18 | From: WA, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 35485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnailShells     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may just be chronic acne; have you talked to your doctor or dermatologist? Sometimes prescription creams can help; antibiotics may also help clear up your skin. I'm not a doctor, though, so you may want to ask yours about treating your skin for acne and/or rosacea.

I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty. --John Waters

Posts: 206 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might be a good idea for you to make an appointment with a dermatologist. Your doctor should be able to refer you to one. I have really bad skin (curse genetics!), and seeing a dermatologist helped me significantly. They can give you products to help with acne and prevent/lessen the effects of any scarring.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3