Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Tampons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tampons
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 5 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I get my period I usually wear pads, but they're just so annoying. I'd rather wear tampons, but I have a bit of a problem. I tried to use one once before but I had a bit of trouble inserting it. Any tips? Helpful advice?
Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've found that the directions the come on the insert when you buy tampons aren't very helpful.

Think about aiming the head of the tampon towards the small of your back; that's the general direction it's doing to be going in, not down, and many young women think. Using a little bit of lubricant on the end may make putting one in more comfortable. I'd only recommend using them on your heaviest days, as usage during lighter flow might be uncomfortable.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LX
Neophyte
Member # 35752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try inserting a tampon after you've already been bleeding (not right when you get out of the shower, etc.). This way your not too dry and it should slip in easier. Also, if sitting down doesn't work for you, you can always stand up and put one leg on the toilet seat. Some of my friends say its easier to use an O.B. tampon the first few times because it doesn't come with an applicator and you insert it manually.

Most importantly, try to relax, and give yourself enough time to do it and try again if necessary.

--------------------
Do whatever you want,
and if its something youll regret
in the morning, sleep in late.

Posts: 7 | From: NM | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.