Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » White Stuff Down There?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: White Stuff Down There?
Castaway
Activist
Member # 28219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Castaway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A day or so ago I looked to see my..."junk" and apparently there's some...white stuff on one part (the front part where it curves upwards). When I try to do the dirty deed, it hurts a little. Then today I tugged a little by the head and some of the white stuff peeled off a little. After peeling it off the skin was red and hurt when I touched it. I've not the slightest clue if this is an infection or just a rash. I really need the information and the treatment for it..

Edit: Could this also be from dried up semen since I had alot coming out from ejaculation and I possibly missed cleaning it up?

[ 08-09-2007, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Castaway ]

Posts: 89 | From: Somewhere in dreamland.... | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may have been smegma (an accumulation of dead skin cells, oil, and other crud, that looks like a sort of white paste), which is easily dealt with by washing with warm water and maintaining good hygiene. It CAN irritate skin.

However, personally, I would consider visiting a medical practitioner, simply due to the fact that it was hurting you- it COULD be an infection, and isn't it better to be safe than sorry?

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Castaway
Activist
Member # 28219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Castaway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But I never had it before. Ist it because I was out for 10 days since I was in the hospital? This started around...yesterday, so can I still get rid of it? How hard should I rub the skin?
Posts: 89 | From: Somewhere in dreamland.... | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smegma can accumulate even in one day, even if you've never had it before (which is why it's important to wash daily, after all).

But really, since we're not sure whether this is an infection or not, you'll want to treat things gently- try washing very gently just with warm water. If it hurts, then stop. Washing away smegma really shouldn't hurt, and the pain may be indicative of a different problem.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Castaway
Activist
Member # 28219

It only really hurts if I touch it wiht enough pressure. But if this is an infection, should I only use warm water or must soap be used with it?
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

I'd avoid soap- warm water is fine.

--------------------
Lea

Castaway
Activist
Member # 28219

All right, well right now, whenever I start touching the redness, it doesn't seem to hurt as much. But to be safe, I should take a shower and clean said area very gently with just a washcloth drenched in warm/hot water, right?
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Yes- and if this redness and pain persists, it really honestly IS very important to get it checked out, okay? It's not prudent to just assume it's smegma when you have other symptoms such as you have. Smegma is a natural thing that really shouldn't be causing pain or redness, unless it's so built up it's led to infection or irritation.

--------------------
Lea

Castaway
Activist
Member # 28219

How long should I wait untill it COULD be confirmed as infection/irritation/rash/whatever else. I never had it happen before, really. I know it's not possible, but could it come from a surgery from having Appendicitis?
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

You can go today- right now if you want- to the doctor. I honestly doubt it would be related to your surgery, unless you haven't been taking care of your genital hygiene during your recovery (because, as you've been told in previous threads of yours, and in this thread too, smegma, if really built up, can lead to infection).

--------------------
Lea

Castaway
Activist
Member # 28219

Well, I've been taking care of my genitals mostly while in the hospital. I don't have the heart to ask to go back to the doctor since I got out of recovery.
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Well, it's up to you- I think you're running a risk by not getting it checked out, though. It's never a good plan to leave a possible infection without treatment, as any infection can spread well beyond the initially infected area.

--------------------
Lea

Castaway
Activist
Member # 28219

I just don't know what to do.
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

I've already said several times what the best thing to do would be- reread this thread.

--------------------
Lea

Castaway
Activist
Member # 28219

I don't think the white stuff was smegma, because smegma also gives off a musty smell, doesn't it? Well anyways, over the past few days, the redness is still there, but there wasn't much pain. The white stuff..I have no clue, but it may have been dead skin. Well anyways, it didn't hurt, but after...well..jerkin the gerkin a little too much, it hurt like Hell.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, the only way to know for sure what's going on is to see a doctor about it, as Lea has been saying all along.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.