Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » falling down

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: falling down
darkcoldnights
Neophyte
Member # 30673

Icon 9 posted      Profile for darkcoldnights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure what to do. Last night I was with some friends and there was this guy who always used to hit me on the head with books. Yesterday he was sitting with my other friend, who i signled to jokeingly to hit him with a book, because he kept doing it to me before. So she did, very lightly. Then he grabbed the book from her and came up to me and really wacked it on my head.. I got really angry and threw the book at him. I know i shouldnt have but it hurt so much. Then he got really angry, so he got up to me put his leg behind me and pushed me over so I fell onto a chair with my back againts the wood. I dont know if I really hit my head, but today i have a slight headache and back ache. Could this be dangrous, I read about concussions.. I am afraid I can get bleeding and develop some serious conidtion. I would tell my mom but I am afraid she will freak out. I dont know what to do. I feel very stupid. I shouldnt have done that yesterday. I just dont know if I should be worried or not. I mean I didnt pass out or anything. Thank you for your help
Posts: 13 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
(Oops. [Frown] sorry)

[ 05-26-2007, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had a concussion, it probably would have manifested itself by now. If your back doesn't feel better in a day or two, it'd be wise to see a chiropractor.

More importantly, you (and your friend too hopefully) need to avoid spending time anywhere near this guy in the future-- he sounds abusive and dangerous. If you want, you can press charges against him for assault now, but if you choose not to do that, I'd strongly suggest that you tell him (if you see him again) that if he EVER hits you again, you will press charges. He sounds like a nasty piece of work.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had a concussion, it probably would have manifested itself by now. If your back doesn't feel better in a day or two, it'd be wise to see a chiropractor.

More importantly, you (and your friend too hopefully) need to avoid spending time anywhere near this guy in the future-- he sounds abusive and dangerous. If you want, you can press charges against him for assault now, but if you choose not to do that, I'd strongly suggest that you tell him (if you see him again) that if he EVER hits you again, you will press charges. He sounds like a nasty piece of work.

Additionally, don't afraid to tell your mother about this-- abusers often get away with things because the person on the receiving end feels unable to speak up. And don't go blaming yourself for this either-- a joking tap on the head is NOT the same as a full-blown assault. He is the one who should be feeling bad about this, not you.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.