Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » dark under-eye circles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dark under-eye circles
laur12
Neophyte
Member # 32691

Icon 5 posted      Profile for laur12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I naturally have under eye circles, and they just don't go away! I've tried a lot of creams and such, but haven't found anything that actually works to help make them a little less noticeable. I wear concealer under my eyes, but I was just wondering... anyone who also tends to have dark under-eye circles or just knows a method/product to help reduce them, has anyone found anything that works? I'd love all your input. thanks!
Posts: 22 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plenty of rest, tons of water, good nutrition, and a basic cleansing/moisturizing regimen will do about the best good for your skin.

My current favorite beauty serum is extra virgin olive oil. An itty bitty dab on the eyelids and surrounding area (getting in eyes = burning!) will not only make for pretty, glossy eyes when you go out, it's supremely moisturizing and soothing. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried putting a warm tea bag underneath your eyes? I mean its not permenant in removing the circls but it makes it go away for the day normally.

I constently have dark circles under my eyes, so I just use concealer like you do. Ive had them since I was a kid so I just shrug it off and try not to notice em.

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few years back, I found that alpha-hydroxy serums, usually available at any cosmetics counter, work pretty well, along with staying very well-hydrated and getting enough rest.

I get plenty of sleep, usually, and I'm chugging water 24/7, but mine still aren't going away for good. Every time I pull an all-nighter or get kept up with a migraine, sick friend, sick pet, or just CAN'T sleep, they're back with a vengeance. Now I'm so used to them being there that I just ignore them -- if someone else has a problem with my face, they can just stop looking at me.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do also remember that in most cases, this is one of those things that is about genetics, not about what product you use or don't use.

Obviously, taking good general care of yourself and your skin will be a help, but I'd encourage the approach that daria is suggesting in her last sentence there. Under-eye circles are a variation just like any other, and a lot of the time, it's in our greater interest to stop tossing money at this cream or that, and really reduce the amount of emotional energy in "fixing" a non-problem, and put our energy into acceptance, instead.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.