Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » unhappy with myself

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unhappy with myself
killababe64
Neophyte
Member # 22786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killababe64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi

im completely happy with my body and all and do have some confidence, but when it comes to being with groups of people that i dont know that well i cant really cope!

when im out at a gig or something theres so many people that i kinda know and want to talk to and know better but i just dont know were to start. i kinda get overwhelmed by the situation and my confidence seems to drop. I dont know what to say to people or what to talk about and i go all quiet. But i dont want to be like that.i feel like this even with my friends sometimes.

i'm afriad that people will see me as really boring and wont like me. its getting to the point where i dont want to be in these situations so i dont go out anymore, even if i really want to go out or if there is something on. i wont go because i dont want to feel uncomfortable.

Its making me really unhappy and i dont know what to do. does anyone have any advice?

thanks xxx

[ 05-04-2007, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: killababe64 ]

Posts: 20 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's worth finding some social situations where you have a common interest with the other people as a good conversation starter. So for instance, if you joined a club relating to a hobby, you'd always have something to talk about.

Not everyone has the same styles of social interaction, and getting to know people in clubs can be difficult for some people. Find a style of social interaction that works for you, and see if you have better luck that way. [Smile]

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.