Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » found something weird

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: found something weird
November
Activist
Member # 29762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for November     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on monday night i was just sitting in my dorm and i felt this weird pain down the crack of my butt. when i woke up on tuesday it felt like something was poking out of my anus and there was this slight pain. i took a shower and it kinda burned when i washed my body with soap. it didn't go away, so it's now wednesday around 2:30am and i decided to see what it was. there is a little red lump, it's not on my anus, it's above it but still pretty low on the crack of my butt. does anyone have any idea of what it could be? ingrown hair? oddly placed pimple? i'm trying to think of what the heck it is. maybe, since it stung a bit when i was in the shower, that it's just a scratch. i've had similar pains like this before, but this one has lasted longer and i actually looked at it.

i don't know, it's kinda freaking me out and i can't really sleep because of it.

Posts: 63 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd get in to a doctor to get it looked at. It could just be a very unfortunately-placed pimple, but it could also be a hemorrhoid or something else.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
November
Activist
Member # 29762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for November     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i talked to my mom last night and she said she used to get them too when she used to take birth control and i am currently on birth control. she said it's from all the hormones. she described the bump and it fit my description, but i am still going to go to the doctor.
Posts: 63 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on you (for going to the doctor)-- even if it is just a hormonally induced pimple, the doctor might be able to suggest putting you on a different pill that is less likely to have that effect.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
November
Activist
Member # 29762

i'm on nuvaring and have been since late august. i was off of it from november until march which might have screwed up something. i don't think it's a pimple because it's not the size of one. just a hormonally induced bump. i don't think it's a hemorhoid, maybe ? i don't know what they look or feel like. the bump is a pinkish redish color, and it's pretty hard. it doesn't hurt to the touch, but it hurts when i move around because i think it's poking a sensitive area. but it's difficult to see because of its location. i think the pain is because the skin is being stretched, and this is going to sound gross but it feels like the skin is crusty and that where the pain is coming from. it hurts when the muscles around it flex. i can sit on it and there is no pain, but when i move around is when it hurts. does this sound like a hemorhoid? how do they usually form? i know it's a cluster of broken blood vessels, but why does this happen? is there any stress on the area that causes them? because knowing the answers to these questions might help me solve the riddle.

i SWEAR i posted something like this already, but i don't know where the post is. did i post it in the wrong place or am i going crazy and did i not post anything at all?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.